Question Britax Pavillion Chest Clip

rebecca1810

My daughter is 21mo and just barely 20 lbs. she is RF in a new Britax Pavillion that was installed by a CPST. And a little bit of other additional info....she has SPD and is incredibly strong, and very good at escaping things.

Recently she has started pushing her chest clip down, and wiggling her arms out of the straps. I thought it was a tightness issue, but the other day I buckled her in myself and made sure the straps were super tight.

I do not want to turn her FF yet, but I am not sure how else to monitor her. I have tried using a mirror on the seat so i could see but she kicks it off, or screams until I take it off. I have also thought of putting a set of strap covers under the hugs thingys so that she can't push them down low enough to get her arms out.

Does anyone here have any ideas or advice for me?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi Rebecca,

First, did the tech teach you how to install it yourself, or just do it for you? A tech's job is not to install it for you, but rather to empower you to do it yourself. Is it in the middle or on the side, with LATCH or the seatbelt, and in what car?

What about a mirror on the headrest next to her and angled in? Also, for for chest clip I'd put a lightweight button down shirt on her, but leave it open. Get her buckled and then button up the shirt over the harness. Smaller buttons are probably harder for her to deal with. Then give her a toy of some sort to try to distract her hands.

Wendy

rebecca1810

Hi Rebecca,

First, did the tech teach you how to install it yourself, or just do it for you? A tech's job is not to install it for you, but rather to empower you to do it yourself. Is it in the middle or on the side, with LATCH or the seatbelt, and in what car?

What about a mirror on the headrest next to her and angled in? Also, for for chest clip I'd put a lightweight button down shirt on her, but leave it open. Get her buckled and then button up the shirt over the harness. Smaller buttons are probably harder for her to deal with. Then give her a toy of some sort to try to distract her hands.

Wendy

Thank you Wendy,

The tech did teach me to install. It is in a 2012 dodge grand caravan in the middle row captain seat, with latch.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC