My Aton 2 arrived!

bnsnyde

Added Pics!!!

I had this shipped in one day! Baby is due any day, so I installed my new Aton 2! It's very exciting (and a beautiful purple). I had a Chaperone in there and the Aton takes up almost half the room on the captain's chair of our Odyssey. Husband is 6'4". :)

I read the manual and it was a different install than my other seat, so it took me some time to make sure I was doing everything correctly.

It tightens itself basically, whereas with the Chaperone I injured my shoulder tugging the latch. Love the foot prop! The linear side-impact didn't impress me (a small piece of plastic that sticks out), but I'll just hope it does what it says to the best of its ability. Doesn't hurt, at any rate.

We're riding in style. I know my girl will be tall already, so at some point she might need the extra inches that the Chaperone allows, and I do miss the internal headwings of the Chaperone and the big anti-rebound bar (she won't get near the weight limits for either seat). For now, all is good! I like to try new seats.

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1274.jpg
    IMG_1274.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    IMG_1275.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1276.jpg
    IMG_1276.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
ADS

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
I saw some videos of the linear side impact at lifesavers and that little piece of plastic seemed pretty impressive. I cannot remember who I was talking to but he said not to be fooled by how it looks, it really does a good job of limiting intrusion. I fell in LOVE with it!

violets_mommy

I saw some videos of the linear side impact at lifesavers and that little piece of plastic seemed pretty impressive. I cannot remember who I was talking to but he said not to be fooled by how it looks, it really does a good job of limiting intrusion. I fell in LOVE with it!

I meet a guy Tuesday... Jeff maybe was his name? Anyway he showed us the video of the linear side impact protection (LSP) and it was very impressive!

bnsnyde

Neat! I'm happy to have the side feature for sure.

I added pics, though it's a bit dark in the garage.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My 75th percentile for height, long torsoed (literally, it's 54% of her total body length last I measured :eek: ) baby girl still fits her Aton with room to grow at 7 months and I'm betting she's going to make it to 9 or 10 months. Which is impressive, I thought she'd have outgrown it by now!

CYBEX USA-2

It was Jeff, and here is the video. The LSP device does do an impressive job of transferring crash forces earlier in the event.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQa8snqnG-A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQa8snqnG-A[/ame]

Last edited:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
LOVE it! :love:

I see some other neat seats in that vehicle too!

The LSP would be enough for me to get this seat. That's really neat!

scariestone

Oooo perty! :love: I'm so totally confused though. I thought US approved seats couldn't have foot props because they couldn't be tested as there's no floor on the test sled. Thus Swedish seats are not able to be approved for US use. Did they just test it without the footprop for the official tests?

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Oooo perty! :love: I'm so totally confused though. I thought US approved seats couldn't have foot props because they couldn't be tested as there's no floor on the test sled. Thus Swedish seats are not able to be approved for US use. Did they just test it without the footprop for the official tests?

Yup they have to pass without the foot prop.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC