Inexpensive secondary harnessed booster?

godsgirl1

My daughter is 46", 44lb, 4yr old.
I am going to get her a frontier 85 soon because she's at the top of her True Fit.
I need a secondary car seat that she's not going to outgrow in 5 minutes for travel, grandma's car, etc. We were using a cosco scenera as the secondary, but she's long outgrown that one.
Any suggestions? I really want to keep her harnessed for as long as possible, but I could be open to HBB's if I had to.

ADS

Irishmama

It looks like a small seat, but that's deceiving. It's a surprisingly tall seat.

Also, in the stock pics they usually show it with the head pillow; that's removable, there's more harness slots above the head pillow. My DD2 was on the top slots of her Maestro, but only the second to top slots on the SureRide. It's a nice lightweight seat, easy install, and my dd says it's comfy. I'm very pleased with it.

MommyShannon

It looks small on its own, but beside a Frontier it doesn't. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=243565

It would last longer than any other harnessed seat besides the Frontier, but won't become a booster. The SecureKid, Defender, and nautilus will become boosters but won't last harnessed as long. If you get a good deal on the SureRide though, you can get a dedicated booster later for a reasonable price.

How often will she use the seat? Would grandma be picking her up from somewhere or from you? If from you, you can get the new Frontier 90 instead of the 85, it installs in minutes easily and could just be moved when needed. I would not move the 85 back and forth. It's not approved for air planes though so if that's the travel, I'd get the SureRide. If travel won't be until after she's 5, a high back booster might be good too.
ETA: I see your newer thread. You have a 90 already so I would go with the Parkway and start training her in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC