Another toddler is riding safely!!

ohiomommy08

Thank you for all the input regarding which seat to purchase. Our church is helping out a family and after everyone's helpful input, I purchased a SureRide for the family. I wasn't sure I would be able to meet with the family personally, so I wrote up some basic info to give them in case I had to just drop the car seat off. Thankfully I was able to meet the mom and teach her!!

The Mom was young and they have an 18 month old. I told her I'm not a tech or an expert, but I know quite about car seats. I figured that whatever information I could give her would be better than just saying "Here's your new carseat - good luck". They do not have a vehicle right now and have had to walk everywhere - she said it was much easier once they recently got a stroller. They have people who can give them rides, but they can't take the baby without a seat. She was so thankful to get the seat!!

I was able to tell her about rearfacing to the limits of the seat. Showed her how to adjust the straps. Told her to keep it nice and snug. They have access to a community minivan, which is the vehicle they'll probably use most often until they get their own vehicle. I was installing the seat in the van and after finding that the middle seats didn't have locking latch plates, we decided the lap belt in the third row is the best option. I moved the seat to that spot and it went in really well!! I had the Mom try it also and she got it on the first try.

I also strongly urged her to go see one of our CS-O techs soon - especially if they get their own vehicle. I hope they will be able to do that.

I so often have to look the other way when I see misuse (and I work at a childcare center), give opinions/ideas when I can and do the best to keep my own daughter safe. When this opportunity at our church came up, I was so glad that I was able to help them out and teach them how to keep their little on safe! She was so receptive to everything I told her!! :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you for teaching me what I know! Now another toddler will be riding safely!!

BTW - the SureRide is a great, budget friendly seat!!

Laurie

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC