Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelandlucy View Post
    Yes! It really doesn't even block my view much either, surprisingly
    Do you have it in recline 2 or 3? And do you have the center seat moved forward at all?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
    Michelle

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMommaNH View Post
    Do you have it in recline 2 or 3? And do you have the center seat moved forward at all?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk
    I have it in recline 2. It fits next to a G3 Britax Advocate (!) in any position. I can move it up or leave it where it is.

4. Thank You from:

What booster seats work best in that spot? We are finally taking the next step to move my oldest to a booster full time and I want to buy one that is compatible with the "jump seat" in case I ever need to put here there.

Quote Originally Posted by kesmeya View Post
    What booster seats work best in that spot? We are finally taking the next step to move my oldest to a booster full time and I want to buy one that is compatible with the "jump seat" in case I ever need to put here there.
    Following this question as I just converted a Frontier 85 to bolster mode in center,only to find that DD can't reach the buckle. It is because of Radian installed next to her, but it looks like it would be difficult even without the neighboring seat.

I am planning on removing center and putting DD in booster center third row. I just got a new Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro delivered last night so I am going to try that in center 2nd row, but I have a feeling it's third row for DD.

The Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro fits well on center +1 seat. Rigid latch attaches easily and the booster is narrow enough on the bottom not to overlap to other seats. But reaching the buckle is still an issue because of car seat installed on passenger side outboard. If there is no car seat on that side, then Kiddy works great in center.

As an aside to my prior comment, I only just realized that center third row doesn't have latches, which isnt a problem for a seat belt install or a non-latch booster. But no go for Kiddy in 3d row center bc I want to use the latch.
    3 kids using these seats in various cars: Nuna Pipa, Combi Coccoro, Britax Frontier 85 SICT, Diono Radian RXT, Britax Marathon CT, Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Britax Parkway SGL, Clek Ozzi

CPS Fanatic

Has anyone gotten a RF Graco clone in there?

Has anyone successfully put a Clek Fllo (with the anti rebound bar) RF in the middle seat of the middle row?

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by lillie3 View Post
    Has anyone successfully put a Clek Fllo (with the anti rebound bar) RF in the middle seat of the middle row?
    Yes, fits very well.

CPS Fanatic

Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

Consolidating the list of RF convertibles that work/don't work:

Successful:

"New generation" Britax convertibles (as of May 2013--is this G4?)
    Clek Foonf (raised headrest can interfere with video screen)
    Clek Fllo
    Peg convertible*
    Boulevard 70 G3
    Classic Marathon (install was barely acceptable)

Unsuccessful:

Combi Coccoro
    Classic Britax Roundabout
    Chicco Nextfit
    Graco clone (didn't try very hard; no one else has spoken up about it)
    Diono seats
    Peg convertible*
    Evenflo Sureride

Unmentioned mentionables (i.e., I'd love to know):
    Britax ClickTight seats (DawgDad, you have the vehicle and CR to try this, right?)
    Graco clone (technically mentioned, but not conclusively)
    Scenera, Scenera NEXT
    Pria
    Peg convertible (can anyone say definitively?)

*note that this seat is on both lists

12. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy
    I can try the click tight too. The Peg definitely worked for me. Not a tech, but pretty informed and I got an easy very tight install with latch.

14. Thank You from:

CPS Technician
    I saw Sarah Tilton comment on a picture of a ClickTight convertible installed on the +1 and she did not approve of the side overhang. The base is slightly wider than the seat surface.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

16. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by aporthole View Post
    I saw Sarah Tilton comment on a picture of a ClickTight convertible installed on the +1 and she did not approve of the side overhang. The base is slightly wider than the seat surface.
    My G4 does that too. How much side overhang is a problem? It's very secure.

CPS Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazelandlucy View Post

My G4 does that too. How much side overhang is a problem? It's very secure.
    I don't think they allow any side overhang at all, but I'd email her with pictures to verify.
    DS1 (April '09) Britax Parkway SGL & Clek Olli, DD (March '12) Britax Frontier 90 & Evenflo Maestro, DS2 (April '15) RF Nuna Rava & RF Clek Foonf
    2011 Honda Pilot
    2009 Honda Ridgeline

CPS Fanatic

I tried a Graco clone - whichever one that have at BRU - in that spot and as I recall it was not a tight fit rf. Did not try FF.

Have never used a booster there.

Hi again! Thanks for the info on the Fllo! I bought it but I'm a bit nervous about the fit on this seat. (Why is this seat so narrow lol). Could someone please eyeball this and let me know if it looks ok or not? We will be taking this seat to be inspected as soon as we dig out from last night's snowstorm but I'm trying to be proactive right now Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

CPS Fanatic

Ive successfully installed our nextfit, headwise, and 4ever in the center of our 14' odyssey plus 1 seat
    Caleb Joshua: 8/17/2007; 45.5 inches, 46-47lbs, 17 inch torso; FF in a FN85 and Complete Air Sarah Rose: 05/15/2011; 22lbs, 31 inches; RF in a Britax Roundabout 50 and Combi Coccoro

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lillie3 View Post
    Hi again! Thanks for the info on the Fllo! I bought it but I'm a bit nervous about the fit on this seat. (Why is this seat so narrow lol). Could someone please eyeball this and let me know if it looks ok or not? We will be taking this seat to be inspected as soon as we dig out from last night's snowstorm but I'm trying to be proactive right now Thanks!
    I suspect it is so narrow to save money. If you take the difference in materials over how many cars are made, it would add up to millions. They can claim benefit of a full size seat with wide mode in use, but I'd rather pay a couple hundred bucks more and get a real full sized seat.

CPS Fanatic

We have the Kiddyworld booster on the plus one seat and it fits great! There is no issue with reaching the buckle for my 7 YO. We have 3 in a row in all rows of the van. Kiddeyworld was next to a Frontier 90 and Orbit Toddler (driver side).

I've also had an Advocate there RF, and Radian RF and FF (the FF was hard to get tight with seatbelt so I gave up and switched her to a booster when she was 5).
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bnsnyde View Post
    We have the Kiddyworld booster on the plus one seat and it fits great! There is no issue with reaching the buckle for my 7 YO. We have 3 in a row in all rows of the van. Kiddeyworld was next to a Frontier 90 and Orbit Toddler (driver side).

I've also had an Advocate there RF, and Radian RF and FF (the FF was hard to get tight with seatbelt so I gave up and switched her to a booster when she was 5).
    Out of curiosity, how did you install the Radian RF? I didn't like having the RF boot of the Radian wedged in between the plastic parts of the seat (making it appear tight even before the belt was threaded through), but I also didn't like the install with the feet higher up - too reclined, just weird. I thought it was incompatible.
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

CPS Fanatic

It has been a few years, so I can't say for sure.

I was thinking I'd put it back in for 2 YO (2 in May).
    It's either that or maybe the Peg. But she'd have to FF way sooner in the Peg.
    My son made it to just a tad over 3 in the Radian! The kids are pretty tall!
    Seatbelt and 59" (9 YO)
    Harmony Youth (8 YO)/Clek Olli (6YO)
    Harmony Dreamtime (5 YO)
    Clek Fllo (3 YO, RF)/Graco 40 (15 months)
    + 2 Recaro Performance boosters in spare car