Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Carseat Crazy
    Is it possible to install the Frontier 85 with ceiling seat belt install in the plus one? Or even the middle third row?

Also to be sure, I can use a HBB in a position with a ceiling belt, correct?
    Momma to 3 little girlies!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by EALOVE View Post
    Is it possible to install the Frontier 85 with ceiling seat belt install in the plus one? Or even the middle third row?

Also to be sure, I can use a HBB in a position with a ceiling belt, correct?
    Yes, with long belt path, you can. Not sure about middle third row, haven't tried there.

And yes you can put a booster there.

Has anyone tried the RN FF on that spot with seatbelt install?
    DD1 -12yo 58" 85lbs 5-stepping in Prius, Harmony Literider in NV
    DD2 - 11yo 52" 62lbs Harmony Literider in NV or TBB in Prius
    DD3 - 5yo 42" 37lbs harnessed in Foonf or Orbit Baby Toddler in Prius
    DD4-3yrs 37" 28lbs ERF in Foonf
    DD5-3yrs 37" 28lbs ERF in Foonf

All in Nissan NV Passenger

Re: Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

Has anyone got a good install with a rf recaro
    "He offered her the world...she said she had her own."

Quote Originally Posted by snwhit View Post
    Thank you for your responses. Very bummed that the taller fitting carseats - Nextfit/Radian won't fit. Guess I will order the Britax Boulevard G3 then, and we'll figure something else out for RF in a couple years when it is outgrown.
    I am just wondering if you did indeed go with the g3 rf and how it installed?

Will any other Britax seats install here rf? What about the Boulevard?

Quote Originally Posted by Wy`sMom View Post
    True fit premiere installs wonderfully with latch there.
    Rear facing?

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheMasquerade View Post
    Will any other Britax seats install here rf? What about the Boulevard?
    I successfully did g4 boulevard rf with latch. Outboard seats slide can forward in wide mode. I can't remember if I tried ff. I did not attempt rf with seatbelt.

CPS Technician

Has anyone had success installing 2 rf convertible seats side by side in the middle row, with a captains chair removed for an aisle to the third row?
    Trevor - 10yo, 56", 61 lbs, Turbo LBB
    Blake - 8yo, 54", 61lbs Parkway
    Izzy - 5yo, 43", 43 lbs, Frontier Harnessed
    CPST Mama driving an 09 Sienna!

CPS Technician stayinhomewithmy6's Avatar

What about booster seats? Any trouble with them fitting in this spot? I'm particularly wondering about a NB Evenflo Amp at the moment.
    SAHM to my silly six: X (12, seatbelt), R (11, seatbelt), E (9, Evenflo Amp),
    Z (6, Frontier 85 in booster mode), G (4, FF TFP) and M (2, RF Pavilion)

Quote Originally Posted by misstj9 View Post
    Has anyone had success installing 2 rf convertible seats side by side in the middle row, with a captains chair removed for an aisle to the third row?
    We have had two foonfs RFing in the 2nd row middle and outboard no problem. I haven't actually removed the other seat but I know I could.

Foonf and Chaperone both work
    And in my experience the foonf was a tighter install with the ceiling belt than LATCH in that middle position. I also like to recline a tad bit and then return the seat to upright for a REALLY tight install.
    Leanne
    Mom to twin boys D&J
    Baby B due 10/25/14

Quote Originally Posted by misstj9 View Post
    See (we are installed with seat belts now though)
    Leanne
    Mom to twin boys D&J
    Baby B due 10/25/14

Quote Originally Posted by Lnp838 View Post
    We have had two foonfs RFing in the 2nd row middle and outboard no problem. I haven't actually removed the other seat but I know I could.

Foonf and Chaperone both work
    And in my experience the foonf was a tighter install with the ceiling belt than LATCH in that middle position. I also like to recline a tad bit and then return the seat to upright for a REALLY tight install.
    Thank you for the info! We're looking to buy a '11+ Honda Odyssey, and I want my big kids RFing as long as possible. I also want them in the 2nd row, next to each other, as you have these installed, with the option of either removing one captain's chair or having it lean forward to allow easy access to the 3rd row for grandparents. It is also good to know that you have installed the Foonf with seat belts there, as the child I'd like to put there will exceed the LATCH limits soon.

So, my question is, can anyone comment on which of the following will work in the above arrangement? We have a Diono RadianRXT. I could replace this if need be. I'd like to make our new one either a Diono Rainier or Clef Foonf. The new one would be the one in the middle, jump seat.
    Last edited by aquamama; 09-09-2014 at 11:14 PM.

I can't say for certain about the RF seats, but I would say most seats narrower than 19" could definitely fit RF side by side (assuming one of them is an acceptable install on the narrow center seat). We had no problems RF two Britax seats and still allowing access to the 3rd row. We currently have a somewhat wide-based harness booster (Recaro ProSport) FF next to a RF Britax Boulevard G3. The seats don't "puzzle" together into each other's space; they are each secure within their own plane next to each other, if that makes sense. I don't think they overlap into the other seat.

One thing to note, if you want open access to the 3rd row all the time, it would be easiest to remove the outboard captain's chair. Sliding the seat forward is a simple move, but it might not be easy for a child to handle it on their own (like they might have to do when getting in at school). You probably won't be able to "lean" the seat forward at all times. It will slide freely as you drive. Whether you find that to be annoying or not (I do), it could also be hazardous for the center-positioned child. My child has reached an arm out or had a leg in the way on several occasions when we were sliding the captain's chair forward or back into position.
    ~Mara
    DS 3/09 - FF Recaro Perf. Sport, Parkway SGL
    DD 10/10 - FF Recaro Perf. Sport, Maestro

Thanks Mara.

We're now leaning towards buying an '06-'10 and removing the middle seat, and sliding over the captain's to make a small aisle. But if we find a good deal on a '11+ we'd still prefer it...so this is good info to have. Also, if we do get, say, an '06, we might get a '14-'15 in a few years.

I would love to have that option of taking out the passenger side captain's chair to make a nice big aisle (and still have 2 seats in the 2nd row), but since we only want to do this to allow grandparents into the 3rd row easily, and wouldn't do it super often, we can't quite justify the $5-10K increase in cost to move up to the current generation Odyssey.

Thank you for shre information. Very bummed that the taller fitting carseats - Nextfit/Radian won't fit. Guess I will order the Britax Boulevard G3 then, and we'll figure something else out for RF in a couple years when it is outgrown.

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar
    I know this is a successful installation thread, but I thought I'd add a failure. The Sureride is a no-go RF. The little RF feet are just slightly too wide and they slip off. I haven't tried it FF.

None of my RF seats work in that seat. (I have a Coccoro, an RXT, and a Sureride.) It's my mom's van but we go places with her often and I would like to have my 2yos side by side. I might buy CT Marathons at some point.
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

Carseat Crazy
    I will add the Foonf works great!

Does the Foonf in the plus one allow the captain's chair to move to access the 3rd row?

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by aries416 View Post
    Does the Foonf in the plus one allow the captain's chair to move to access the 3rd row?
    Yes! It really doesn't even block my view much either, surprisingly