Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

lgenne

Not personally, but I've seen other people say that it works great, including pictures. In wide mode, I suspect two would fit side by side, but haven't seen it. I suspect just about anything else would fit next to it, though.

ADS

Momof4cuties

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a problem with overhang in the 3rd row? When I fold the 2 seater bench in the 3rd row, there is overhang on the side from my Britax Pioneer which is in the 3rd row passenger outboard seat.
Also, has anyone tried a Graco Headwise in the +1? New baby is coming in 2 weeks and I prefer to put the infant car seat outboard.

lgenne

Britax has said no to side overhang. And I've read that the clones don't work RF in the +1. [emoji53]I think they work FF, though.

If you want, post a thread with your kids' stats and your car seats and we can help you come up with something that will work.

Momof4cuties

Britax has said no to side overhang. And I've read that the clones don't work RF in the +1. [emoji53]I think they work FF, though.

If you want, post a thread with kids' stats and your car seats and we can help you come up with something that will work.

Thanks. What is a clone?

I think I will move the Pioneer (for 3.5 yr old DS) to the other side of the 3rd row, then put the Headwise (for 21m old DD) behind the passenger seat in the 2nd row. Then new baby can go in the +1 (probably in a Click Connect). And my 2 big ones (12.5 yr old twins) can still have access to the 3rd row.

Last edited:

Momof4cuties

I had a Click Connect 35 LX in the + one seat for the past 9 months. Very easy to install and super tight. Today I swapped it for Slimfit for my little guy (9m, 20 lbs) and it just as easy and as tight. And I am still able to keep the Headwise RF in the outboard passenger seat for DD (2.5y, 26lbs).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I believe the Radian to be incompatible there based on my experience. I haven't tried a Finale or Spectrum. In general I find higher belt paths install better there, and only some boosters fit but most are difficult to buckle.

lgenne

I believe the Radian to be incompatible there based on my experience.

What was incompatible about it? It took some wrestling and tricks, but it’s in pretty solidly. (Although the shoulder belt is in a position that prevents the driver side captains chair from tumbling...oh, at least in narrow mode, anyway. Will fix that.)

lgenne

For the record: the Finale works great with a seat belt install, but doesn’t allow the captains chairs to tumble. I didn’t try LATCH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC