Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    CPS Fanatic

Re: Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

Not personally, but I've seen other people say that it works great, including pictures. In wide mode, I suspect two would fit side by side, but haven't seen it. I suspect just about anything else would fit next to it, though.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Hi. Does anyone know if there is a problem with overhang in the 3rd row? When I fold the 2 seater bench in the 3rd row, there is overhang on the side from my Britax Pioneer which is in the 3rd row passenger outboard seat.
    Also, has anyone tried a Graco Headwise in the +1? New baby is coming in 2 weeks and I prefer to put the infant car seat outboard.

CPS Fanatic

Britax has said no to side overhang. And I've read that the clones don't work RF in the +1. I think they work FF, though.

If you want, post a thread with your kids' stats and your car seats and we can help you come up with something that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by lgenne View Post
    Britax has said no to side overhang. And I've read that the clones don't work RF in the +1. I think they work FF, though.

If you want, post a thread with kids' stats and your car seats and we can help you come up with something that will work.
    Thanks. What is a clone?

I think I will move the Pioneer (for 3.5 yr old DS) to the other side of the 3rd row, then put the Headwise (for 21m old DD) behind the passenger seat in the 2nd row. Then new baby can go in the +1 (probably in a Click Connect). And my 2 big ones (12.5 yr old twins) can still have access to the 3rd row.
    Last edited by Momof4cuties; 11-30-2016 at 09:05 PM.

CPS Fanatic

Graco "clones" are the Contender, MySize, Size4Me, Fit4Me, and Headwise. Basically all the same seats.

Quote Originally Posted by lgenne View Post
    Graco "clones" are the Contender, MySize, Size4Me, Fit4Me, and Headwise. Basically all the same seats.
    Got it. Thanks!

I had a Click Connect 35 LX in the + one seat for the past 9 months. Very easy to install and super tight. Today I swapped it for Slimfit for my little guy (9m, 20 lbs) and it just as easy and as tight. And I am still able to keep the Headwise RF in the outboard passenger seat for DD (2.5y, 26lbs).

9. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

Has anyone gotten a FF Radian in here with a seat belt install? Any tricks to it?

CPS Fanatic

Or has anyone put a Finale in there? Or worst case: an Evenflo Spectrum?

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

I believe the Radian to be incompatible there based on my experience. I haven't tried a Finale or Spectrum. In general I find higher belt paths install better there, and only some boosters fit but most are difficult to buckle.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ketchupqueen View Post
    I believe the Radian to be incompatible there based on my experience.
    What was incompatible about it? It took some wrestling and tricks, but it’s in pretty solidly. (Although the shoulder belt is in a position that prevents the driver side captains chair from tumbling...oh, at least in narrow mode, anyway. Will fix that.)

CPS Fanatic

Yep, wide mode to be rescue.

CPS Fanatic

For the record: the Finale works great with a seat belt install, but doesn’t allow the captains chairs to tumble. I didn’t try LATCH.

Reviving this to ask if anyone had success with the nuna rava in the jumpseat?