Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

EALOVE

Is it possible to install the Frontier 85 with ceiling seat belt install in the plus one? Or even the middle third row?

Also to be sure, I can use a HBB in a position with a ceiling belt, correct?

ADS

Stelvis

Is it possible to install the Frontier 85 with ceiling seat belt install in the plus one? Or even the middle third row?

Also to be sure, I can use a HBB in a position with a ceiling belt, correct?

Yes, with long belt path, you can. Not sure about middle third row, haven't tried there.

And yes you can put a booster there.

Thank you for your responses. Very bummed that the taller fitting carseats - Nextfit/Radian won't fit. Guess I will order the Britax Boulevard G3 then, and we'll figure something else out for RF in a couple years when it is outgrown.

I am just wondering if you did indeed go with the g3 rf and how it installed?

misstj9

Has anyone had success installing 2 rf convertible seats side by side in the middle row, with a captains chair removed for an aisle to the third row?

Lnp838

Has anyone had success installing 2 rf convertible seats side by side in the middle row, with a captains chair removed for an aisle to the third row?

We have had two foonfs RFing in the 2nd row middle and outboard no problem. I haven't actually removed the other seat but I know I could.

Foonf and Chaperone both work :)
And in my experience the foonf was a tighter install with the ceiling belt than LATCH in that middle position. I also like to recline a tad bit and then return the seat to upright for a REALLY tight install.

Lnp838

See :) (we are installed with seat belts now though)
35m0i7p.png

aquamama

We have had two foonfs RFing in the 2nd row middle and outboard no problem. I haven't actually removed the other seat but I know I could.

Foonf and Chaperone both work :)
And in my experience the foonf was a tighter install with the ceiling belt than LATCH in that middle position. I also like to recline a tad bit and then return the seat to upright for a REALLY tight install.

Thank you for the info! We're looking to buy a '11+ Honda Odyssey, and I want my big kids RFing as long as possible. I also want them in the 2nd row, next to each other, as you have these installed, with the option of either removing one captain's chair or having it lean forward to allow easy access to the 3rd row for grandparents. It is also good to know that you have installed the Foonf with seat belts there, as the child I'd like to put there will exceed the LATCH limits soon.

So, my question is, can anyone comment on which of the following will work in the above arrangement? We have a Diono RadianRXT. I could replace this if need be. I'd like to make our new one either a Diono Rainier or Clef Foonf. The new one would be the one in the middle, jump seat.

Last edited:

maramarrie

I can't say for certain about the RF seats, but I would say most seats narrower than 19" could definitely fit RF side by side (assuming one of them is an acceptable install on the narrow center seat). We had no problems RF two Britax seats and still allowing access to the 3rd row. We currently have a somewhat wide-based harness booster (Recaro ProSport) FF next to a RF Britax Boulevard G3. The seats don't "puzzle" together into each other's space; they are each secure within their own plane next to each other, if that makes sense. I don't think they overlap into the other seat.

One thing to note, if you want open access to the 3rd row all the time, it would be easiest to remove the outboard captain's chair. Sliding the seat forward is a simple move, but it might not be easy for a child to handle it on their own (like they might have to do when getting in at school). You probably won't be able to "lean" the seat forward at all times. It will slide freely as you drive. Whether you find that to be annoying or not (I do), it could also be hazardous for the center-positioned child. My child has reached an arm out or had a leg in the way on several occasions when we were sliding the captain's chair forward or back into position.

aquamama

Thanks Mara.

We're now leaning towards buying an '06-'10 and removing the middle seat, and sliding over the captain's to make a small aisle. But if we find a good deal on a '11+ we'd still prefer it...so this is good info to have. Also, if we do get, say, an '06, we might get a '14-'15 in a few years.

I would love to have that option of taking out the passenger side captain's chair to make a nice big aisle (and still have 2 seats in the 2nd row), but since we only want to do this to allow grandparents into the 3rd row easily, and wouldn't do it super often, we can't quite justify the $5-10K increase in cost to move up to the current generation Odyssey.

phanhan

Thank you for shre information. Very bummed that the taller fitting carseats - Nextfit/Radian won't fit. Guess I will order the Britax Boulevard G3 then, and we'll figure something else out for RF in a couple years when it is outgrown.

jwilliams

I know this is a successful installation thread, but I thought I'd add a failure. The Sureride is a no-go RF. The little RF feet are just slightly too wide and they slip off. I haven't tried it FF.

None of my RF seats work in that seat. (I have a Coccoro, an RXT, and a Sureride.) It's my mom's van but we go places with her often and I would like to have my 2yos side by side. I might buy CT Marathons at some point.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC