Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

ADS

kesmeya

What booster seats work best in that spot? We are finally taking the next step to move my oldest to a booster full time and I want to buy one that is compatible with the "jump seat" in case I ever need to put here there.

melinstar

What booster seats work best in that spot? We are finally taking the next step to move my oldest to a booster full time and I want to buy one that is compatible with the "jump seat" in case I ever need to put here there.

Following this question as I just converted a Frontier 85 to bolster mode in center,only to find that DD can't reach the buckle. It is because of Radian installed next to her, but it looks like it would be difficult even without the neighboring seat.

I am planning on removing center and putting DD in booster center third row. I just got a new Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro delivered last night so I am going to try that in center 2nd row, but I have a feeling it's third row for DD.

melinstar

The Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro fits well on center +1 seat. Rigid latch attaches easily and the booster is narrow enough on the bottom not to overlap to other seats. But reaching the buckle is still an issue because of car seat installed on passenger side outboard. If there is no car seat on that side, then Kiddy works great in center.

As an aside to my prior comment, I only just realized that center third row doesn't have latches, which isnt a problem for a seat belt install or a non-latch booster. But no go for Kiddy in 3d row center bc I want to use the latch.

lgenne

Honda Odyssey 2011+ "plus one" successful install thread

Consolidating the list of RF convertibles that work/don't work:

Successful:

"New generation" Britax convertibles (as of May 2013--is this G4?)
Clek Foonf (raised headrest can interfere with video screen)
Clek Fllo
Peg convertible*
Boulevard 70 G3
Classic Marathon (install was barely acceptable)

Unsuccessful:

Combi Coccoro
Classic Britax Roundabout
Chicco Nextfit
Graco clone (didn't try very hard; no one else has spoken up about it)
Diono seats
Peg convertible*
Evenflo Sureride

Unmentioned mentionables (i.e., I'd love to know):
Britax ClickTight seats (DawgDad, you have the vehicle and CR to try this, right?)
Graco clone (technically mentioned, but not conclusively)
Scenera, Scenera NEXT
Pria
Peg convertible (can anyone say definitively?)

*note that this seat is on both lists

aporthole

I saw Sarah Tilton comment on a picture of a ClickTight convertible installed on the +1 and she did not approve of the side overhang. The base is slightly wider than the seat surface.

YinzerMama

I tried a Graco clone - whichever one that have at BRU - in that spot and as I recall it was not a tight fit rf. Did not try FF.

Have never used a booster there.

lillie3

Hi again! Thanks for the info on the Fllo! I bought it but I'm a bit nervous about the fit on this seat. (Why is this seat so narrow lol). Could someone please eyeball this and let me know if it looks ok or not? We will be taking this seat to be inspected as soon as we dig out from last night's snowstorm but I'm trying to be proactive right now ;) Thanks!

Attachments

• flloonplus1.jpg
    flloonplus1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 57
  • flloonplus1b.JPG
    flloonplus1b.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 54

YinzerMama

Hi again! Thanks for the info on the Fllo! I bought it but I'm a bit nervous about the fit on this seat. (Why is this seat so narrow lol). Could someone please eyeball this and let me know if it looks ok or not? We will be taking this seat to be inspected as soon as we dig out from last night's snowstorm but I'm trying to be proactive right now ;) Thanks!

I suspect it is so narrow to save money. If you take the difference in materials over how many cars are made, it would add up to millions. They can claim benefit of a full size seat with wide mode in use, but I'd rather pay a couple hundred bucks more and get a real full sized seat.

bnsnyde

We have the Kiddyworld booster on the plus one seat and it fits great! There is no issue with reaching the buckle for my 7 YO. We have 3 in a row in all rows of the van. Kiddeyworld was next to a Frontier 90 and Orbit Toddler (driver side).

I've also had an Advocate there RF, and Radian RF and FF (the FF was hard to get tight with seatbelt so I gave up and switched her to a booster when she was 5).

jwilliams

We have the Kiddyworld booster on the plus one seat and it fits great! There is no issue with reaching the buckle for my 7 YO. We have 3 in a row in all rows of the van. Kiddeyworld was next to a Frontier 90 and Orbit Toddler (driver side).

I've also had an Advocate there RF, and Radian RF and FF (the FF was hard to get tight with seatbelt so I gave up and switched her to a booster when she was 5).

Out of curiosity, how did you install the Radian RF? I didn't like having the RF boot of the Radian wedged in between the plastic parts of the seat (making it appear tight even before the belt was threaded through), but I also didn't like the install with the feet higher up - too reclined, just weird. I thought it was incompatible.

bnsnyde

It has been a few years, so I can't say for sure.

I was thinking I'd put it back in for 2 YO (2 in May).
It's either that or maybe the Peg. But she'd have to FF way sooner in the Peg.
My son made it to just a tad over 3 in the Radian! The kids are pretty tall!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC