How old is this seat?

jacqui276

I discharged a baby home in a Graco infant seat with a blue shell and a blue elephant cover (almost looked like Babar characters) that had a rear adjust harness and had a fairly short shell (baby was 1.5 months old and nearing the top of it). Due to it not being my job to harass people about expired car seats (although I did have them tighten her straps at least), I didn't ask or glance at the date.

Anyone have any idea how old this thing is/if it's expired? It looked fairly old.. :thumbsdown:

ADS

amyd

I'm fairly certain that all the navy shell Snugrides in Canada are now expired or very close to it. It might have a few months left.

Keeks64

My cousin had that exact seat as a baby & she's 11 now & I'm fairly certain it wasn't brand new when she was using it as another cousin had a baby 2 years prior & everything got handed down to that cousin....so yeah I would say it was expired or very very close to it!

mom of six

The SnugRide shell changed sometime in 2005 from the 26" height limit/20 lbs weight limit (short shell) to the 29" height limit/22 lbs weight limit. So definitely expired by at least a year.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
One of my former nanny kids had one in the Babar-like pattern. It expired... let's see. I joined cso in May of '09 and it was expiring then, so was from 2003? It was an SR20 and short-shelled. Can't recall if it was front or rear-adjust.

jacqui276

:thumbsdown: That's what I was afraid of. Hopefully with any luck she outgrows it soon and they buy a new convertible for her (although that might be wishful thinking). I at least hope that they continue keeping her harness tight. I showed them the pinch test and dad tightened it up for me before they went home.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC