Britax Advocate 70- ERF long torso kid?

bella_1818

DS ERF in a TPF until he maxed out the weight at 3.5 years, and he made it to 4.5 years ERF in a RadianXT before he hit 40lbs.

I'm expecting DD and starting to think about her next seat. I like the side crash test results of the Advocate better than the Radian, but I don't know how long I could realistically expect her to ERF in an Advocate. I live in a rural area where people booster at 2 years, so I don't have one to look at in person.

How long does a kid make it ERF in the Advocate compared to the TRP or Radian?

ADS
I can get some measurements next time kiddo is here if you'd like, but K is ERF in a BLVD65 (G2, so same as the adv.) and I really like it.

It is SO user-friendly, and has gotten all the kids I've cared for to at least 3 RF. Yes, high sides are a pain sometimes, but in all honesty I've gotten used to it and don't really notice anymore. I'll take heaving a kid into his seat over dealing with a radian install 2x/week.

I've attached a picture I took a few weeks ago, I was cleaning the cover and sat him in the undressed seat with just the butt foam in, so add a bit of height to allow for the cover. He was also wearing jeans and an Applecheeks CD. He was 3y10m at the time of the picture, 36-37 lbs.

ETA: Just for reference, he's a squirt, we were out shopping in Jan. and the 9mo wanted out of the chaperone, so K hopped in for laughs, lo and behold he can still be buckled in! He's really tiny. He was maybe 34 lbs at that point. Growth spurts, yay.

Last edited:

Cryssy Jane

My daycare boys are very large for their ages (A is currently 3 years 8 months old and 44lbs, wearing 5/6 tops and 4/5 bottoms) and outgrew the blvd rear facing before 2, he was in a rxt rf until his 3rd birthday when he had just hit the 1.5 inch mark.

L just turned 3 in january and is 42.5lbs wearing 4/5 tops and 4t bottoms and had already outgrown the blvd by height when he came here in august so about 2.5, he currently rides in an rxt rf but is super close to that 1.5 inch mark.

Stelvis

For the record, I love my Boulevard. And it's awesome for newborns! But DS would have outgrown it RF by around 36", which he hit shortly before 2, and DD still fits but is on track to outgrow it within, I'm guessing, about 6 months, so also around 2.

I sold my Radians before he outgrew them by height, but I'm guessing they would've gotten him to 3. I think he could almost still RF in the TFP if it weren't for the weight limit. So really, Britax aren't good seats for tall, long-torsoed kids.

It says something about how much I love Britax convertibles that I have one even though I know I'm going to have to replace it to keep her ERF.

MotoMommaNH

So really, Britax aren't good seats for tall, long-torsoed kids.

It says something about how much I love Britax convertibles that I have one even though I know I'm going to have to replace it to keep her ERF.

Isn't that the TRUTH. I love how easy it is to install my MA70 no matter what position and car it's in. You just know it's going to work 99% of the time. The buckles work beautifully all the time and the harness is super duper easy to adjust.

I, too have a long torso'ed kid and he outgrew RF'ing by around 2.5ish. Sad :( He was around 36" also.

Isn't that the TRUTH. I love how easy it is to install my MA70 no matter what position and car it's in. You just know it's going to work 99% of the time. The buckles work beautifully all the time and the harness is super duper easy to adjust.

I, too have a long torso'ed kid and he outgrew RF'ing by around 2.5ish. Sad :( He was around 36" also.

It seems that, for a lot of people, the time you get out of Britax seats may not be the longest for the price, but the ease of use makes them worth it for even that shorter period of time. This is my take anyway.

bella_1818

It seems that, for a lot of people, the time you get out of Britax seats may not be the longest for the price, but the ease of use makes them worth it for even that shorter period of time. This is my take anyway.

Bummer, but thanks for the input ladies. I've never had any issue installing the Radian with LATCH as a RF seat, so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. I wonder how it will puzzle with the Britax Pinnacle?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC