Cybex aton 2 or uppababy mesa?

Saruca22

What do you think guys? Are you liking the mesa or the aton 2 better? Baby is due in 1.5 weeks and originally I was going to get the Mesa but since production keeps getting pushed back I'm wondering if its worth it to wait. We have a coccoro installed until I decide and we could just stick with that but I thought with a three year old too it might be handy to have an infant seat this time. I really like the aton 2 bc it's super lightweight and though not officially endorsed I'm told it will attach to the vista with the maxi cosi adapter. Pros? Cons? Do you think I should just wait for the mesa? Is it really any better? Or just order the aton? Oh and is there really much difference between the aton and aton 2? Could I save a few bucks and be ok getting last years model??

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Can I say neither, Nina Pipa? Haha although that's not due out until 3rd quarter sometime.

Between those two choices, I'd say Aton2. Remember that the Aton is a diff seat from the Aton2. The 2 has LSP and the load leg on the base where the Aton doesn't. They still sell both. Plus with only 1.5 weeks left I'd go with something tried and reviewed like the Aton over the Mesa. That's just me tho.

Saruca22

Totally forgot about the Nuna Pipa! I really like it too but again, not going to be out soon is my understanding :-( So you like the nuna over the aton though?

MotoMommaNH

Well, I like the appearance of the Pipa and the things that it solves that may or may not be issues for some with the Aton2. Obviously it hasn't been tested in the real world yet but here are my observations:
1. Smaller chest clip. Some complain of the nearly toddler size clip on the Aton with very small babies.
2. Canopy. The Atons is virtually half of what the Pipa seems to be. Plus the Pipa has that dream drape for extra coverage when needed.
3. The harness covers on the Aton are quite long and some smaller babies they may not fit great. At Lifesavers, car seat blog said the preemie doll seemed to fit well in the Pipa.
4. Rigid LATCH on the Pipa.

Although, like I said probably a moot point since it won't be out in time. Seriously there's a lot of love on here for the Aton. I don't think you'd be dissapointed.

bnsnyde

Aton 2! There are some on Amazon. It ships in a day with prime for $3.99. Mine is coming tomorrow.

My baby is due in a week, and I'd given up originally and was going to use our Chaperone since another website couldn't get me the Cybex seat (purple) until May 30!

The foot prop and linear side-impact protection are features of the seat. Plus, I wanted something light. The older model Aton didn't have the features I wanted.

You can also order a Cybex Ruby stroller and adapter and it'll fit the seat. The Ruby stroller (I got an older model in purple) wasn't too expensive.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
1. Smaller chest clip. Some complain of the nearly toddler size clip on the Aton with very small babies.
Huh?

My baby was VERY petite. The chest clip on the Aton is, like, preemie-sized. Bone structure wise she didn't even fit in a Coccoro well when she was a month or so old, even though she was quite tall enough to be on the second slots- the straps were so wide on her. But on the Aton? They fit perfectly. It pulls the straps quite snug on the lower harness slots!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
But it's not a "toddler sized" chest clip, is what I'm saying. It's pretty darned small. I'm not sure it's quite as small as the one for use with the TinyFit on the Pria, but probably close. It's small. If that person had an issue, they'd likely have an issue with almost ANY other chest clip, including possibly the one on the Pipa.

Saruca22

Ketchup queen- thanks for that response to the clip! I actually had my little one early (last Friday) and I feel like the straps and chest clip in the coccoro are HUGE on her. She is only 7lb and 19 inches. I am waiting until Friday to see if I might be able to get a stellar deal on a maxi cosi. Not my first choice but we have a dorel manufacturer here in town and once a year they have a big warehouse sale on their leftovers. If I can get an amazing deal on one there I might just make do with that until she fits the coccoro better. Otherwise I'm ordering an aton 2. Thanks for all the feedback!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC