DD has a 12.5 in torso..What would you do?

arly1983

My DD has a 12.5 in torso at 13 months old: I just measured her today

I have a BV on order from babyuniverse but how much time would you think I could get in a BV? (she hates the BV but I wanted her in something with TSIP)

Should I rather get a MA (her 30 month old brother is on the verge of outgrowing it and for reference, she is dead even with the second from the bottom slots)

Or should I just suck it up and get a Como even though she hates the headwings?

I would prefer a como over a radian, so thats not even in the running.

Gosh darn it, I finally made a decision...

ADS

SPJ&E

She'll fit exactly the same in the MA as in the BV, since they're built on the same shell. Pacey's torso is 12.5-13", not sure exactly, but his shoulders are just over the second slots. He has tons of room still, BUT he's 33 months old and his growth has slowed way down. Joshua's torso is probably about 12" (at 17 months)...his shoulders are just slightly below the second slots, so he's got lots of room as well.

The others are going to be much more helpful in guessing how long it'll last...I'm horrible at it!

arly1983

Thanks,

I would just hate to get the BV and turn around and have to get another seat in a year and half's time.

I wish I would have written down in DS's baby book how long his torso was at this age, LOL.

LuvBug

If the ONLY thing wrong with the como is the headwings... I would get(or keep?) the como and use it without the headwings since she hates them. The walls are very deep it seems so that will offer a lot of SIP and if you are worried about the "acceleration"(though that whole thing is kind of odd to me if you think about how quickly a crash happens as well as the actual size of a child's head and the weight and how much "acceleration" could really happen and then the fact there IS EPS/EPP foam there to absorb... where is Jeff?) you could always used rolled up receiving blankets to 'cushoin the blow' instead- if she will tolerate that better.

If you arent comfortable with that then I would go with the MA since she hates the headwings. If she is screaming and crying and complaining the whole trip that is less safe than if she was just in something she was comfortable with.

arly1983

If the ONLY thing wrong with the como is the headwings... I would get(or keep?) the como and use it without the headwings since she hates them.

Actually, I think that is what i am going to do exactly. (Order another Como)

We already have one Como that is Jackson's (He needs 3 seats to transport him to and from preschool the way everyone's schedule is set up) The como is a nice seat and the only thing I cannot bare is those wings so if I didn't have to use those, I would have no complaints what so ever. (Besides the twisty harness)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC