Topsider or Affix narrower than Literider?

Holly

I'm on my phone and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
We have a Literider as a spare. I need to put all 3 kids in my 3rd row tomorrow. I can use the literider in the middle but it's tough.
Would I be able to fit a Top sider or an affix in there easier? Are they more narrow?

ADS

Shaunam

The literider is the narrowest, IMO. I have the connext and I couldn't fit it as easily in my backseat in a three across as the literider. I didn't actually get out the tape measure though so it may have been a puzzling issue.

Phineasmama

I could actually fit the Connext in my 3 across BETTER than the literider, and the topside didnt fit at all.

The Connext is a little wider but it's low and the armrests are low.

Holly

So connext is the backless and affix is the high back? I thought it was the other way around. Confusing!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The Affix has the same dimensions as a Turbo, so if you're familiar with that, you'll get the idea.

Holly

Ok, so here is the 3 across with my Literider.

2013-04-30113055_zps5affd4f6.jpg

It fits but just barely.

2013-04-30113212_zps7ae2335a.jpg

Here is the buckle for the Turbo booster.

2013-04-30113117_zps089ff53a.jpg

And for the Literider.

2013-04-30113148_zpsfe47a275.jpg

I'll have to have Abby buckle up in the turbo, pull the literider out and have Hannah sit on it while I buckle it and then scoot the whole thing back and tighten the seatbelt. It will be a pain to do, but other than that, it should be safe, right?

Is it worth trying a Top Side or Connext?
I could probably even get a Bubble Bum from Target if necessary.

Shaunam

Yeah, that would be too snug for my taste. I'd go nuts. Have you tried the radian in the middle and the boosters outboard? Or are you trying to keep the backless rider in the middle? I find it's easier to buckle backless riders when they are outboard because they lean outward while I buckle...it makes the buckle more accessible.

Holly

I haven't tried the Radian in the middle. I set it there for a second to see how close to the turbo it would be, but I didn't buckle it there.
I think it might be more of a pain if the radian was in the middle because then I'd have to buckle both boosters and it would be a pain to pull them both out to do it. And we don't have side curtain airbags, so I want the backless rider to be in the middle anyway.

christineka

The way the top side adjusts the shoulderbelt, you do not want it in that center seat. The shoulderbelt fit would be really bad.

I can also say from experience, that buckling all will be easier if you arrange, like this: graco booster on passenger's side, radian center, literider driver's side. Get a disposable water bottle, cut the ends off and place over the radian's seatbelt buckle. Then get another, shorter and place around just the stalk for the literider's buckle.

Pixels

Graco allows no overhang with its boosters, and you have that right now so something has to change.

Holly

The way the top side adjusts the shoulderbelt, you do not want it in that center seat. The shoulderbelt fit would be really bad.

I can also say from experience, that buckling all will be easier if you arrange, like this: graco booster on passenger's side, radian center, literider driver's side. Get a disposable water bottle, cut the ends off and place over the radian's seatbelt buckle. Then get another, shorter and place around just the stalk for the literider's buckle.

I'm out in my van now and I can't get the radian tight enough. It can pull forward several inches. Any tips?

christineka

I posted this on facebook as well, but for future searches or anyone else having trouble, here's my tips and video.

I went out there and made several install videos, but had the same problem at the end, where the seat would go forward, but I knew I had that seat in that spot and it didn't move, so I kept trying and found the secret! (Or, rediscovered it.) Ffing recline should be in! Recline the vehicle seat back. Twist the buckle stalk 2 full turns. Wear stockinged feet, step in the seat, brace your back on the top of the vehicle and pull on that shoulderbelt with all your might. Lock the belt. Push the vehicle seatback back in place. Check for movement. Then top tether. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSqlHjJvhs&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Holly

I got the radian in the center with LATCH for now, the Turbo on the passenger side, and Literider on driver's side. There is room to buckle each booster.
I will try to do the radian with seat belt again some other time, I'm not moving it again today.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm not sure I'd call that overhang. I know that vehicle seat and it only has that taper right there at the front. The only part of the booster that's overhanging is the cupholder.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC