Frontier XT vs Frontier CT

smackeen

I am in Canada so our versions will vary a little from the US version.

Here is what I can see as differences:

http://www.britax.ca/car-seats/fit-my-child/compare.aspx?ID=30,96&f=d

The CT has:
Base with SafeCell Technology
Integrated Steel Bars
EZ-Buckle System
Easy-Remove Cover

It DOES NOT say Certified for Aircraft Travel.

I know I want to get it, but do I NEED the CT version?

Our prices are: XT 299.99 and CT 339.99. I imagine the XT will drop considerably when the CT comes out.

What would you do?

ADS

MommyShannon

I'd get the CT. It still has the simple install and harness adjustment in the front. Those are the things I dislike on our 85 (same as XT). If you are comfortable with the seat belt install of the XT and rarely need to move it and won't use it for multiple kids, the XT would be fine.

canadiangie

Oh! I hadn't realized ours was going to be called the CT. Thanks for catching me up.

I've had a Frontier XT and it was great. I'm excited to meet the CT but won't be able to form an opinion on which is "better" until I do.

I see we're getting Cactus Flower up here. Well then...

Chila88

I am in Canada so our versions will vary a little from the US version.

Here is what I can see as differences:

http://www.britax.ca/car-seats/fit-my-child/compare.aspx?ID=30,96&f=d

The CT has:
Base with SafeCell Technology
Integrated Steel Bars
EZ-Buckle System
Easy-Remove Cover

It DOES NOT say Certified for Aircraft Travel.

I know I want to get it, but do I NEED the CT version?

Our prices are: XT 299.99 and CT 339.99. I imagine the XT will drop considerably when the CT comes out.

What would you do?

Anyone know when we might see the CT in stores in Canada? Has Britax given us a date yet?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Go for Cactus Flower. I want it sooooooo bad, but will not fit where I need.....sigh.....

Afryn

Got to see the Frontier CT!

The ClickTight system is pretty impressive. Didn't think it was that big a deal until I thought of when a child is above the vehicle's UAS limits but you still want them harnessed.

And this makes it much easier if you need to get it in and out a lot (e.g. car pool) - no excuse for backless boosters now! :)

That's the main difference between new and old ... the side impact head rests are deeper and there is also space above the armrests (fabric ends higher on the sides). Oh, and joy, the headrest button to adjust is at the top of it now (wayyy easier). They've also eliminated one of the buckle positions (because of the ClickTight).

Interestingly, Britax is saying that regulations are probably going to change in Canada soon so that UAS weight limits will INCLUDE the weight of the seat. This would mean that if you have the Diono Radian RXT (24 lbs) and your vehicle's UAS weight limit is 40 lbs, you could only use your seat with LATCH until the child is 16 lbs (and then have to use belt-install)! Have you guys heard anything about this?

In Canada, the Frontiers are going to be available for shipping to stores May 28th, which means in stores 2-3 weeks later.

canadiangie

Yes there has been much discussion about the new latch limits in the US, and whether those new rules will trickle up to Canada, if so when, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC