In Search Of Puddle Jumper

djma

Wanting to try one for DD this summer. She did great last year with just arm floaties, but they wear out pretty quick.

Not sure if they go by sizes or not, but DD is 3 (4 in July), 37.5" and around 29lbs.

TIA!

ADS

vonfirmath

I'd check out Wal-mart. They are big and bulky and would be hard to mail for a price that would make it worth an individual sending it.

Amazon has them for $21.[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Stearns-Puddle-Jumper-Turtle-Blue/dp/B0077SZ62K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367265146&sr=8-1&keywords=puddle+jumper"]Amazon.com: Stearns 3D Puddle Jumper (Turtle Blue): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

jess71903

Ambassador
:yeahthat:. We've gotten ours at Wal-mart. I think they're all the same, although I'd love to find a bigger one for DS. I think this is going to be his last season in his, if he makes it that far, even, and I doubt he'll be swimming on his own next year.

wnkw

Target put them on sale a lot the year before last..(i wasnt in the market last year )

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

2BunniesMommy

They just come in one size, supposed to fit up to 50lbs. Both DDs decided today when we were packing for our trip that they are too small. DD1 is 49lbs, 7 years old and DD2 is 43 lbs and 4 years old. They are around $16 at Walmart, as already stated. I could sell you one of mine if you are not in a big hurry since we are about to leave. We will be back late Fri. Not sure if it would be worth it price wise for either of us though.
We have a blue one and a pink one, I can't remember what the pics are on them, but can get pics for you when we get home if you'd like.

djma

Thanks for the replies. Never thought to look at WalMart. Looked at Academy Sports last year and they were over $20. Kinda hard to shell out that when arm floaties are $1 per pack. LOL

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
They just come in one size, supposed to fit up to 50lbs. Both DDs decided today when we were packing for our trip that they are too small. DD1 is 49lbs, 7 years old and DD2 is 43 lbs and 4 years old. They are around $16 at Walmart, as already stated. I could sell you one of mine if you are not in a big hurry since we are about to leave. We will be back late Fri. Not sure if it would be worth it price wise for either of us though.
We have a blue one and a pink one, I can't remember what the pics are on them, but can get pics for you when we get home if you'd like.

I have one you can have for shipping. It is blue and in really good shape. Very little to no sun fading.

If op isn't interested and shipping is not crazy, I'd be interested in one. I need another for dd2. I haven't been able to catch them in stock, except the premium ones.

vonfirmath

Thanks for the replies. Never thought to look at WalMart. Looked at Academy Sports last year and they were over $20. Kinda hard to shell out that when arm floaties are $1 per pack. LOL

These are SO much better than arm floaties

I'd agree they don't really last to 50 pounds though. My son isn't there yet and no way he's fitting into his anymore.

MommyShannon

These are so much better since they are certified life jackets. You can use them at pools and water parks that require certified jackets only. My DD used hers to 50lbs but her arms are pretty skinny and ours are older which might matter.

msg221

Our Costco had them as well, though I don't recall for how much.

I've shipped one and it was no big deal. I had a pretty big poly bag that I shipped it in. It's so light so I don't think it was that much to ship.

mscarder

Just a head up our Walmart has them but only back in sporting goods with the life jackets. The ones they carry up in the seasonal summer display aren't near as nice.

wnkw

These are SO much better than arm floaties

I'd agree they don't really last to 50 pounds though. My son isn't there yet and no way he's fitting into his anymore.

Ours lasted. Dd was close to 55 last year and she used it in the deep end when we werent in the pool..

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC