Question 2008 Graco Snug Ride 22

U

Unregistered

Hi Everyone,

Quick question for all you experts. We have baby number 3 due in August and my original graco snugride was manufactured in 2008 (June, I think, although I'll have to dig it out to confirm). Assuming we use it for 6 months after the baby is born, we should be done with it before it "expires."

Question is this: How much safer are the newer seats? I'm leaning towards buying a new one, but this is DEFINITELY our last child and my husband thinks it's a totally unnecessary expense. Both my older kids (ages 4.5 and 2.5) are in britax advocates with the side cushions. My 2.5 y/o is still happily rear-facing and I plan to keep her that way for awhile!!
(FYI we will be upgrading to a van so size/space is not a huge issue).

Another quick question...IF we get a new one, my understanding is that even the snug ride 22s are not compatible with the old bases. I can't see buying an additional base at this point. Is it as safe to use the seat without the base in my husband's car??

Thanks so much!
Tracy

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yours is good until Dec 2014. I would just use it, since you don't use them for long anyway, and the old 22 is the same as the new 22.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC