Hey, clek!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Since I know you read here... :whistle:

A friend (who happens to like ketchup) and I were just talking about my new oobr, and how one I previously had didn't provide enough leg support for my DS, but that my daughter has shorter legs, so I hope it will work for her.

Then my friend (did I mention she likes ketchup?) said I should try a footrest.

But I misread it as "foonfrest," which gave us the idea that clek should market approved foot/foonfrests for your seats.

You could probably sell them for a pretty penny, but my ketchup-loving friend and I would like a couple free prototypes for coming up with the idea.

You're welcome.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I think an approved(and affordable) foot rest (foot thingie, maybe?) is a great idea. I noticed this afternoon when DD1 rode in the Oobr for the first time that she had decidedly less leg support than in her PWSG. She hasn't decided yet whether she wants the Oobr to be in our main vehicle or our secondary vehicle. :twocents:

canadiangie

The lack of leg support is why I don't own two. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on Oobr. :eek:

I've been patiently waiting for a gen 2 Oobr...

bnsnyde

We have the Oobr (for 6-year-old boy) and the lack of leg support is a deal breaker for me. For now, he'll use it. But it's not ideal.

I will say we bought a footrest on Amazon (it was pretty cheap), and it's made of foam and some outer material. It's 100% soft so I don't feel like it's dangerous in the car, and it works great.

If you do change the Oobr, please give much more leg support. Also, can you make the seat deeper with side-impact protection? Sitting normally, my child looks like he's not at all cradled by the seat. So, sides twice as deep would be great, plus a deeper headrest!

Chila88

This thread cracks me up! :)

I just can't seem to pull the trigger on Oobr. :eek:

I've been patiently waiting for a gen 2 Oobr...

This is me exactly. I need to purchase a booster in the near future but am patiently waiting for a gen 2 Oobr or gen 2 PWSGL, but would really love it to be an Oobr! I love it in every way except for the seat depth....kind of a deal breaker for my daughters long ganglies!

christineka

The other day, I was just thinking that I wished recaro would bring back a seat like the start? Whatever that booster was... so that I could get an approved, attached footrest.

T4K

Can I add? I just want the belly bad thingy to stay on my Foonf. I still love Clek.

tam_shops

Too funny! :dance:

I've got to check my 7yo next time he's in the car. He does have short legs, but has never complained about it. Though, he is so happy to be in a booster of any kind that he wouldn't dare complain! :p

tam

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Are we the only family who doesn't mind the seat depth? Piper puts her feet on the car's seat, or lets them dangle. She has never mentioned minding the depth. And when I gave her the option of Ozzi, Monterey, Amp, Harmony, BubbleBum to bring with us for her ONLY booster for six months, she chose the Ozzi without a moment's hesitation. She says it's the most comfortable seat she has. The only complaint is with the rigid LATCH (please, some Clek LATCH guides like Cybex makes?) sometimes it sticks out from the backseat, leaving a gap between the booster and the backseat. I know we could forgo LATCH, but I'm in the car a lot without Piper so I prefer the LATCH.

Wendy

NVMBR02

Both my older kids love the Olli, even though they have long legs. They both choose it over any other nbb. However, neither liked the Oober. Even though they weren't in it for very long, both thought it was uncomfortable. We font need any more boosters right now but I am hopeful their will be an improved Oober released in the next 2-3 years before my 3.5 year old is ready for a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC