Britax Sale @ Baby Universe

StarrNanny

Baby Universe has all Britax Seats on Sale right now. Thoughts on them? Anyone ever order there?

They have a Marathons and Regents as low as 208 with free shipping. Sales on all the other seats too. I had a friend who wanted to order a Regent but I thought I remembered one of you saying you had bad luck with Baby Universe.

ADS

arly1983

I had bad luck with babyuniverse when the regent was backordered...

But then I just ordered a BV from them, also I have ordered about a half a dozen other big items from them and had no problems so...

Last edited:

arly1983

Ok, I hate babyuniverse customer service...

My BV (ordered yesterday) is showing "ordered from the manufacturer" on my end (which is what happened to my regent that wasn't shipped for forever that was supposed to be in stock). So I don't want to have any part of that waiting game so I call to see what is going on. The CSR is like it is not showing "ordered from manufacturer" on her screen and she has no idea why it is on my account (?) Ok.....

So I say that if it is "ordered from the manufacturer" I want to cancel my order and she says with the same day shipping from the warehouse, I can not garentee a cancelation and that their warehouse is so backed up she can't tell me what has and hasn't shiped and what is or isn't in stock. So I just tell her to go ahead and cancel the order: that way if it has already shipped (or will ship today) no big deal BUT if it is backordered, then the refund process will already be in progress.

So I ask when will I know if the order was shipped or if it was canceled. She said they are so backed up, it is possible that it could be delivered to my house BEFORE they email me with a tracking number and not to expect cancelation confirmation till friday, at least.

Sooooo, I **might** have a BV coming....wish I knew.

kanga

I am ticked to no end with baby universe. I ordered a regent two days ago. They priced matched it so they gave it me for $209 shipped. Then last night they changed the online price to the $209.99 I guess since so many were asking for price match. So i go to order another regent this morning and their prices are $237. So i called them and they said Britax made them raise their prices. I said well how come baby age or baby catalog has theirs for $209. He said they couldnt do anything for me and since their stock is low they can't price match. :mad:I said so if i would of ordered two, two days ago i would of gotten it for $209..he said well maybe. I said yes i would of i already ordered one for that price. So now i need a madison regent and i only have paypal. I dont have time to transfer funds to my bank and order one in time. I am so peeved at them. :thumbsdown:

katiebug

:mad:I just cancelled my order from them after getting the run around about an out of stock date - my item was supposedly in stock and ready to ship on Wed now they say "try calling back once a week or so". Um, no thanks! :thumbsdown: I tried babycatalog based on other comments here.

kanga

Katiebug-what item was it that they said was in stock and they turned out to be back ordered?

katiebug

Onyx Boulevard. Initially it was supposed to be back in stock today or early next week. But as of today, I was given a vague we don't know answer. I understand that things are probably crazy with the sale, but I need the seat pretty quickly as DD is outgrowing her infant seat by the second.

geekgal

I am ticked to no end with baby universe. I ordered a regent two days ago. They priced matched it so they gave it me for $209 shipped. Then last night they changed the online price to the $209.99 I guess since so many were asking for price match. So i go to order another regent this morning and their prices are $237. So i called them and they said Britax made them raise their prices. I said well how come baby age or baby catalog has theirs for $209. He said they couldnt do anything for me and since their stock is low they can't price match. :mad:I said so if i would of ordered two, two days ago i would of gotten it for $209..he said well maybe. I said yes i would of i already ordered one for that price. So now i need a madison regent and i only have paypal. I dont have time to transfer funds to my bank and order one in time. I am so peeved at them. :thumbsdown:
I avoid BabyUniverse like the plague. They pull this (your exact described issue) stunt all the time apparently. They did the same thing on a Fisher Price Papasan swing I ordered from them when I was still pregnant (my DD is 6 mos. now). They claimed Fisher Price forced them to raise the price and they couldn't/wouldn't be getting any more in stock. They then held on to my cash for awhile until I threatened to report them to the BBB.... it was not a prompt refund (and I was peeved they'd billed me when they hadn't shipped the item and had no intention of doing so!!) Anyway, never again.

SnootyHen

I hate hate hate them!!

I ordered my Regent and then noticed a problem with the way it was ordered so I tried to contact them but it was a Friday night and their CS dept was closed for the weekend, so I had to email. The response I got on Monday was to cancel and re-order. So I did. I called and spoke with someone who told me the order was canceled and I could go ahead and reorder. So I did.

I now have 2 carseats and paid twice and they will be HAPPY to refund my money once I ship this 31 lb carseat back to them at my expense. By the time I pay shipping, this wasn't a deal at all. Not only did I pay more because I ordered at the beginning of the week instead of waiting until the last day, but now I am going to have to pay to ship a second one back because they screwed up.

I was on the phone today with them for seemingly ages and basically called a liar by the superviser. She says the CSR would never have told me that the order was canceled -- but he did!! I would never have reordered if he hadn't.

I will never ever order from them again and will be telling everyone I know how awful they are so no one else has to deal with them.

I am trying to find a local buyer for the seat so I don't have to ship it back, but so far no luck.

I hate them!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC