Ideas needed

ohiomommy08

Hi!
I haven't been on here much lately, but you guys are still my experts and I need some ideas.

I have a 5 year old and haven't kept up on the new convertibles to know what's out there. Please help!!

Our church is helping out a family. One of their biggest needs is a car seat. I don't know many details, but it sounds like it is for a 22lb 18 month old. I'm on our deacons board and when this was brought up, I couldn't NOT help!! I offered to pick up a seat (the church will pay) and I'm hoping that I can meet with the family directly to teach them some basics, or better yet, try to get them to go see Emma - a CSO member and tech.

So . . . what are the best inexpensive seats out there right now. Walmart would probably be the easiest, but Target & Babies R Us are close by also. I know the Scenera is good, what are other options. . .

Thanks for all your help again as usual!! I'm so excited our church is going to be able to help this family!

Laurie

ADS

sarahlove

The evenflo sureride(though some have problems with the harness) and the graco myride and size4me are inexpensive. Some people don't like the graco buckles.

gsdguenter

Depending on the size of the kid, I'd go for the evenflo maestro. I just bought and returned a sureride be side the buckle pinched/pushed on DD2's inner thigh. Plus, the harness was awkwardly short.

At age 5, are you sure they want a harnessed seat? If the child is big enough and mature enough to sit in position for the duration of the ride, they could go for a turbo.

ohiomommy08

Just to clarify. I have a 5yr old. This family's child is 18 months and 22lbs. I just haven't shopped for convertibles for awhile. At that age and size I'll try to do what I can to keep him rearfacing.

gsdguenter

Just to clarify. I have a 5yr old. This family's child is 18 months and 22lbs. I just haven't shopped for convertibles for awhile. At that age and size I'll try to do what I can to keep him rearfacing.

Oops, forget my last post then lol

The sureride, guide 65, and scenera are all good budget options :)

ohiomommy08

Thanks for the options. I knew I was behind the times - I had never looked at several of those seats. I know the Scenera is a good, basic seat, but is sometimes hard to get installed (if I remember correctly). Are the SureRide or Guide 65 easier to install? (I'm spoiled with my Britax). Is it worth the extra money for ease of install or other important safety features. I'm guessing they would last longer than the scenera? I just want to know what to tell the board of Deacons if it's really worth the extra money or if we should just go with the Scenera.

ohiomommy08

It looks like the Scenera is not at Walmarts anymore? Any other stores that I could find it at? How is the Apt? It looks like that is in store at Target? Is that a good option?

Thanks!!

Laurie

ohiomommy08

I'm needing to find something actually at a store so we can get it delivered in the next day or two. I haven't actually looked in the store yet, so maybe they have some in stock, but it looked like it might only be online.

MommyShannon

The SureRide has been getting great reviews for being easy to install. It goes to 40" and 40lbs rf. its tall enough that kids really will fit heightwise to 40" no matter what their torso is. It has 19" top harness so its great to harness ff too. Just stress that they register it since one member here has had an issue with the yoke while ff.

embassykh

You can justify it to them by explaining that the guide65 or sureride will get most kids to booster age. The Scenera probably won't.

ohiomommy08

Well I found out this morning that the budget is higher than I thought. $150 max but closer to $100 is better. Now I've been on a back and forth hunt to get the Sure Ride at Target. Thankfully I live close to several!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC