Britax Boulevard70 on a plane?

U

Unregistered

Hi. im considering the Britax Boulevard 70 for my son's next car seat. We are planning a trip shortly and wondering if the Boulevard can fit on an American Airlines 757 plane. Has anyone had this experience? How easy was it to get through aisles, security, airport with the seat? But most importantly- does it fit on the plane?! Thanks.

ADS

IandA'smom

We flew with ours and it was ok. It will not fit through the scanner machine (at least not at the airports we were at). Security kept asking if it comes off the base because some do and I kept telling them it is one piece. They kept trying and finally used the wand. I believe my husband had to lift it over the the plane seats to get it down the aisle. Installing it was easy. It was heavy but not terrible.

Stelvis

I've done it four times. RF and once FF. It was fine! It doesn't fit through the scanner, so they have to scan it by hand.

Persimmon

I did it twice FF. No problem. Didn't need a seat belt extender. I asked them to wand it before they even tried to fit it through the machine at security. I much preferred flying with the BLVD 70 than with the Scenera because I knew I could get an easy RF install in any random rental car no matter how tired I was. I hated flying with the Scenera for that reason.

Stelvis

Yeah, the advantage of taking the Britax is that its sooo easy to install in practically any car at your destination. Makes up for it being a little heavy and wide IMO.

Wreckgoddess

I flew with my Britax Advocate 70 (Same seat as the Boulevard but has the SICT cushions on the side so a bit wider.
I had no problems with it. I installed it RF on the plane both trips for my 2 year old son. Did not need a seatbelt extender. We put him next to a window. Bonus to RFing on a plane? They can't kick the persons seat in front of you.
We flew Southwest Airlines, if that matters.

We carried the carseat through the airport... I was traveling with 2 beefy guys (husband and his friend) and they just took turns carrying the seat.
But if I was to travel again, I would buy the rolly cart to strap a carseat onto and use it sort of as a stroller.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Seat-Travel-Cart-Black/dp/B005CNEQK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367121620&sr=8-1&keywords=britax+travel+cart"]Amazon.com: Britax Car Seat Travel Cart, Black: Baby[/ame]

We did have to lift the carseat up over the aisles as we carried it onboard the plane. That didn't bug me.

I agree, it was nice not worrying about compatibility issues with the rental car. It's easy to install a Britax into pretty much anything. Not all car seats have that luxury.
I agree its worth dealing with a heavier carseat to not have that concern of potential incompatibility in a rental car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC