Just Not Lovin It

scoutingbear

I have a My Size 70 that I got at the BRU trade in to use as a spare seat. Well, it's in my car now since M is potty training...'nough said. ;)

I'm just not loving it. It is hard to buckle, hard to undo the chest clip, and the harness is a pain to tighten. Ugh. :(. I wanted to like this seat.

ADS

jheimes

I called graco about my harness not tightening and the told me to buckle the bottom, then tighten, then do chest clip. To my surprise it actually works for my FF install.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have one FFing and I do find the chest clip hard to unbuckle. I figure it comes with time? My Nautilus has the same chest clip and is fine.

The harness adjuster is a PITA since it is hidden pretty much and just a slit out of the fabric.

I don't love the seat either, but I do like it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It seems like it *could* be so nice, if it had some nicer bits and pieces. And padding. Then it would cost $300, though, lol. (I do love showing people the color coded LATCH belts and how you never have to rethread the harness, those features are divine!)

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
It seems like it *could* be so nice, if it had some nicer bits and pieces. And padding. Then it would cost $300, though, lol. (I do love showing people the color coded LATCH belts and how you never have to rethread the harness, those features are divine!)

This and add how it fits in places like the myride and/or reclines on a base like Britax. It is a nice seat, especially when coupons can get it down to $120ish. It is narrower than the myride. I can fold my outboard seat to access third row. I cannot tumble the seat forward, but kids can climb. The only seats that let it tumble are the radian and Coccoro. The radian tips horribly.

Plus, I've looked high and low for a seat other than the Coccoro that fits in my friends plus1 in her 12 sienna. It fits.

djma

Our chestclip was almost impossible at first, but now DD can even un-do it.

For our's (RF install), I have to press more on the right side of it. Press down on the top part of the clip and kind of slide down and out. Does that make any sense? LOL That's what has worked for us.

We love our's. Crotch buckle is easy and we have had no issues with tightening/loosening.

scoutingbear

The seat is getting a little easier to use except for the harness adjuster. I can't tighten or loosen when she is in the seat. She also sweats a lot more in it than in either of the radians.

And I met the Nextfit today. Someone convince me that I have 2 radians with lots of life and this PITA seat is just a backup and I don't need a Nextfit. Please?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC