Clek Foonf pics and questions

mykidsmylife

So the lock off broke on the Foonf. Oops. I am trying to get in touch with Clek, will they just send a new lock off out? I know it is tested without it.

I know there was talk on rear-facing tethering it. Is it allowed or not as the manual does not reflect this. If allowed, is it even beneficial with having the rebound bar?

Anyways I really think that was it. This thing is so heavy, I was not expecting that but we love it. She has so much more leg room rear-facing. I have it in the center of my 2010 Kia Soul. I wanted it by the door (it still fits with plenty of room for front seat passenger) however the Frontier would not fit center and Johnathon will not use his booster in the center so this is how it is.

I was expecting it to block my view but it does not. It is a very interesting seat and I have a feeling I will be getting a lot of calls for help installing it.

Attachments

• 042413171537.jpg
    042413171537.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 84
  • 042413180008.jpg
    042413180008.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 87
  • 042413181139.jpg
    042413181139.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 92
  • 042413180019.jpg
    042413180019.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 042513144143.jpg
    042513144143.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 89
ADS

Clek CPST

Please call customer service at 1-866-656-2462 and they will send you a replacement lock-off.

You're right that the seat can be installed without the lock-offs as long as you switch your seatbelt to ALR mode. The instructions for rear-facing seat belt installation are currently being revised to reflect the choice between using only one lock-off (closest to buckle being preferred,) or skipping the lock-off and switching the seatbelt to ALR.

Your daughter looks super cute in there. Snowberry is such a pretty color - bright and girly in just the right way.

edited to correct my original comment:
Rear tethering is allowed only when allowed by the vehicle manufacturer and when the tether is attached to a dedicated rf'ing tether anchor point. There is no D-ring available right now. The anti-rebound bar is providing rebound control so rf tethering is unnecessary.

Last edited:

Clek CPST

Clarifying my original comment about rf tethering - and I updated my post as well.

Tethering rf'ing is allowed only when allowed by the vehicle manufacturer and when attached to a tether anchor designated for rf tethering. (So it is going to be only a very small subset of vehicles that would be allowed to do it.)

The anti-rebound bar makes rf tethering unnecessary though.

tiggercat

Clarifying my original comment about rf tethering - and I updated my post as well.

Tethering rf'ing is allowed only when allowed by the vehicle manufacturer and when attached to a tether anchor designated for rf tethering. (So it is going to be only a very small subset of vehicles that would be allowed to do it.)

The anti-rebound bar makes rf tethering unnecessary though.

Can you use the designated TA from the seat in front? For example, Foonf in the 3rd row tethered to TA on back of 2nd row capt' chair?

Not that I'd want to, just curious.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Clek CPST

Can you use the designated TA from the seat in front? For example, Foonf in the 3rd row tethered to TA on back of 2nd row capt' chair?

Not that I'd want to, just curious.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Only if explicitly allowed as a rf tether anchor point by the vehicle manufacturer

eta: The pull on a 2nd row anchor that would be placed on it by a rf'ing seat in the 3rd row would be different than the pull that a properly top tethered ff'ing seat installed in the dedicated seating position would exert. I definitely would not do it without the permission of the vehicle manufacturer.

Thanks for the clarification.

Except can't the ARB only be used in position 3? What about rf in position 2?

The ARB can only be attached in position 3 but can be used in either of the allowable rf recline positions - 2 or 3.

If wanting to use recline position 2, then fully recline the seat to position 3 to attach the ARB and the Rear-Facing Base, then once they are installed you can shift the seat to recline position 2 and install it. :thumbsup:

At this point in time, the ARB must be used with all rear-facing installations. Position 2 and 3 are both allowed though. The current manual only reflects position 3 but owners will be told position 2 is ok if they contact customer service and the change will show up when the manual revision is finished.

crunchierthanthou

The ARB can only be attached in position 3 but can be used in either of the allowable rf recline positions - 2 or 3.

If wanting to use recline position 2, then fully recline the seat to position 3 to attach the ARB and the Rear-Facing Base, then once they are installed you can shift the seat to recline position 2 and install it. :thumbsup:

Oh, good to know!

mykidsmylife

Thanks. I have called CS several times and left a message yesterday, still no call back. I will try again.

I assumed the rf tether was not necessary but I was just curious as I knew that it could be tethered rear-facing, I just did not know the stipulations.

Clek CPST

Thanks. I have called CS several times and left a message yesterday, still no call back. I will try again.

I assumed the rf tether was not necessary but I was just curious as I knew that it could be tethered rear-facing, I just did not know the stipulations.

Can you send me a PM or an email with your name and I'll check to make sure that your message was received? I know that there have been some intermittent phone problems so I'd like to follow-up if you can message me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC