Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Opinions on getting rid of '03 seat or just fido cover

Hi all! Got an opinion question for you. My son is almost too big for the MA the hospital gifted to me (already, I know, but I knew it wouldn't last him long.) Thankfully he waited to grow until the Regent from Kyle Miller foundation got here, lol. I had planned to sell the Fido cover and give the seat to my friend (and help her find another cover for it, she doesn't covet covers so won't care one way or the other which one is on it) And then I thought, I dunno, maybe that's too much work and I should just get rid of the seat. Selling the seat will provide me with a little bit of money to give back to Kyle Miller foundation as well as starting a new 'Regent' fund as now my son will be down to one seat again. One seat, any seat is awesome, I'm not trying to be snooty or anything, but he rides in 2 different cars on a daily basis - and moving the REgent back and forth all the time is AWFUL! I've tried, lol. Anyways - do you all think its ok to give to my friend and help her find a cover? I basically trust that she'll stop using it when I say she should, or that at least I'll be able to know if she doesn't and say something. She's got a new baby on the way and could really use it. Before my 'enlightenment' a few months ago, she didn't know seats expired, nor did she realize that the seats they already had weren't exactly the best choices. They may last alright for her first child, she's on the small side so it really might get her to 40lbs and beyond 4 years, but you never know about the second one on the way... Or, should I get rid of it since it expires soon and she might keep using it?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

Re: Opinions on getting rid of '03 seat or just fido cover

If I were you I would give it to a friend. She can use it until it expires, and if you see she is still using it after the expiration then you can say something to her. If you sell it, it would most likely be to a stranger and you wont see when they will stop using it. You could also just sell it to your friend, with a different cover. That way you can make some money off the cover and sell it cheap to your friend. The money that you make off the seat and cover can go towards a Regent.

DD1~14yrs old~Seatbelt

DD2~8 yrs old ~Cow Frontier 85 and Pink Monterey
    DS~3 yrs old Britax Roundabout and Coccoro in Licorice/Carrot Cake
    DD3~ 10 weeks in a Chicco Keyfit

Thanks! I really just needed someone to tell me its ok to give an older seat to my friend. LOL I do feel I need to sell the cover to help out, but I will help her find another one on ebay, some of the less popular ones don't seem to go for too much, and compared with the price of a new seat, it'd still be a great deal. I don't plan to sell the seat to her, it was given to me so I want to give it to her. I thought people might not want to buy just the cover without the seat, but it made me really uncomfortable thinking about a perfect stranger buying the seat and using it for another 5-6 years!

Plus, she has an older car, pre'97 (they also have a newer truck) and I can't wait to show her how easy it is to install a car seat that has lockoffs built-in. They've been using locking clips for 2 years with the other seats.

And you will be selling that Fido Ma cover for how much?.........
    Peggy, RN-Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, CPST and Mommy to Connor (2/05) in a Graco Highback TurboBooster with Safety Surround

Senior Community Member broken4u05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Connor's Mom View Post
    yeah i want to know too. It is a great cover. i have wanted it for a while
    Kristina- Nanny to Jack and Drew now 3 years old Not a mother yet.

Senior Community Member Melizerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Connor's Mom View Post
    A lot of us want that cover. I'll duel ya for it
    Mel,RN
    Married 13 years to a wonderful DH and mom to an amazing 8 year old boy.

Living the dream...Blogging about love, life and family

LOL - you all are too funny! Good to know I won't have any trouble getting rid of it. I'm hoping for $65 for the cover, comfort pads (they're blue) and the belly pad. I saw that amount kicked around here awhile back, so that's what I listed it for on Craigslist. No fighting though, ya hear. I'll 'duel' ya. LOL Good thing there's no virtual swords. I could just see a bunch of car seat freak mammas fencing for a cover.
    Amy

Senior Community Member Melizerd's Avatar

I DO have swords
    Mel,RN
    Married 13 years to a wonderful DH and mom to an amazing 8 year old boy.

Living the dream...Blogging about love, life and family