Dodge/Chrysler Minivan Owners Please Come In

JCsMomma

So, we recently bought a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew. I read a ton about booster compatibility in the 3rd row, and I was prepared for some difficulties with car seats in that row....

However, I assumed from prior posts that the headrests were removable which can help with compatibility. I even found a place in the manual that states second and third row headrests are removable, but no where can I find instruction on how to do so. The middle headrest in the third row removes and adjusts with the traditional button on the post. However the rest are non-adjustable and appear non-removable.

The 2011 changes included what they're calling "super stow n go" which made it have less steps apparently. The headrests fold down in the process and have to be put back in place when the seats are raised. I wonder if the lower trim (AVP I think?) without stow n go have all removable headrests and that's why it's referred to in the manual?

Here are a couple pics of what my headrests look like. Anyone else have these? They fold down but otherwise don't adjust at all and the metal posts look to be pretty permanently connected inside from the little I can see. Have you figured out a way to remove them that I am just missing somehow? It you have a 2010 or prior, do yours even look like this?

image_zps20ab7b7d.jpg

image_zps9fb24a46.jpg

ADS

canadiangie

I have seen those, and they are a pain. I believe we ended up leaving them down, but it was a harnessed seat, I think in the 2nd row.

They are non-removeable, I'm pretty sure. And different than what's in other models, though I have no clue as to model year or trim level in terms of when they are offered.

What seats are you attempting to make work?

JCsMomma

What seats are you attempting to make work?

So far they haven't interfered with my harnessed seats but I have one off-center with LATCH and the other RF. The headrest is causing a gap with my KWP in booster mode (I posted about that in the installation forum to see if it was incompatible with the gap as is). Because of the funky seat belts back there, this is one of the only boosters I've read that works - but I didn't realize my headrests were this style. I know someone on this board used a KWP in the same position in her 2010 but her headrests are removable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC