Convertible with ARB

IandA'smom

If I want a convertible seat with ARB and not a tether strap my choices are a True Fit or a Foonf? Am I missing anything? I really wanted the Peg Perego with ARB but I would have to find it in Canada and then ask my in-laws to pick it up and ship it to me. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

ADS

IandA'smom

That's what I thought. I don't like how high the Foonf sits and the rf weight limit on the True Fit. I might be calling some Canadian baby stores.

IandA'smom

I thought about it but the straps not being able to be replaced bothers me. I think I have replaced the straps on most of my seats. My kids tend to puke more then most.

tiggercat

That's what I thought. I don't like how high the Foonf sits and the rf weight limit on the True Fit. I might be calling some Canadian baby stores.

Just so anyone reading is aware, it is generally illegal to use a foreign seat. You may have trouble getting a CDN store to ship to you for this reason.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

MommyShannon

Have you tried the Peg? It isn't all that tall. Unless your son's torso is short, there is a good chance he would outgrow the TFP and the Peg at about the same time or it could go either way depending on if he gains a few pounds soon or shoots up in height.

IandA'smom

I know it is illegal to use a foreign seat in the US but I personally feel ok with using a Canadian seat. My in-laws live 20 mins. from Canada so I was going to ask them to drive over the border and pick one up. The problem I am having with tether straps is that my husband is tall with long legs and pushes the seat back really far. We had a Britax convertible installed for a few weeks and I found the D-ring pretty frayed. Maybe I am obsessing but I keep thinking the d-ring is going to get cut and I will not know. The new seat will be for my third child who is almost 1 and quickly growing out of her Chicco Keyfit. I have a Radian that she could use when she outgrows what ever seat we end up with and just deal with the tether for a short while.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC