Should I fly with Foonf or not?

Persimmon

DH and I are taking DS to the beach in San Diego at the end of May but I haven't decided what to do about DS's car seat. We are getting a rental car and I wouldn't want to fly without one so I have to take something. I won't check a seat. DS will be 3 years 5 months at the time of the trip and RF at home. Our flights are non-stop 2.5 and 3 hours. I called and the aisles are 12"-15" wide.

Available seats:
Foonf
BLVD 70 G2
Frontier 85 SICT

DS is only 50% by height but has a 95% head. He has outgrown the BLVD by height RF. I really don't think I could relax and enjoy our vacation if DS was FF in the car. The Foonf is too wide to fit down the aisle so I would have to carry it (32lbs) once we got on the plane. We are flying Southwest and I did an early bird check in for myself only both ways. The plan is for DH and DS to stay in the boarding area and for me to get on early to install the car seat. There is no way that DH could deal with installing the car seat. If I take the Foonf, I was thinking of installing it FF on recline 2 and stowing the RF wedge and anti-rebound bar underneath the seat in front of it. There are 3 seats on each side of the aisle. SW says I can have DS in the middle or window seat and not in the emergency exit row. He outgrew his Scenera RF so I gave it away.

I have this cart and a gogo kidz:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000USIM5M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Sparco Compact Luggage Cart, Easy-Grip Handle, Flip-Out Support Platform, 150 lb. Capacity, Chrome: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

ADS

Phineasmama

I wouldn't do the Gogokidz, I heard it doesn't fit well down narrow aisles or through security.

I used this for my Foonf
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Conair-TS36PUR-Folding-Luggage-Purpl/dp/B0090ZG0DC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1367122218&sr=8-9&keywords=conair+luggage+cart"]Amazon.com: Conair TS36PUR CTS Folding Luggage Cart Purpl: Everything Else[/ame]

It will not fit through the regular (small) x-ray machine in security, they will either have to use the big machine or do a hand check. With the luggage cart I linked above, I was able to wheel the foonf right down the aisle of the airplane and only had to lift it when I got to our row :)

Persimmon

I wouldn't do the Gogokidz, I heard it doesn't fit well down narrow aisles or through security.

I used this for my Foonf
Amazon.com: Conair TS36PUR CTS Folding Luggage Cart Purpl: Everything Else

It will not fit through the regular (small) x-ray machine in security, they will either have to use the big machine or do a hand check. With the luggage cart I linked above, I was able to wheel the foonf right down the aisle of the airplane and only had to lift it when I got to our row :)

Thanks for the link to the cart. It looks sort of like mine so hopefully mine will work. I need to play with them to see which works better. I am sure DS will help with that. The Gogokidz was given to me so I am not sure if there are different ones. This one is 16.5" wide at the widest point. Not that it matters since this airplane's aisles are so skinny (15" at the most). Maybe I should do an over the head portage carry like a canoe down the aisle ;).

Ozella21

As long as you only have a backpack carry-on, and can handle the weight of Foonf, from the door of the plane to your seat it wouldn't be bad at all to take with. I will say it took me less time to get the Foonf back together and in the car RF at the end of the trip then it took me to get a good install with my other sons myride in the end of the trip.

Persimmon

Want to try him in my Avenue? Or we can swap my Radian for your Foonf just for your trip?

Oooh! Just got your text. I just assumed he was too tall to RF in the Avenue since he outgrew his BLVD 70 in Dec. You are a doll. :D Let's try it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC