RA50 vs RA55?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I ordered a RA50 for DD yesterday and it will be here tomorrow. But in looking at the RA55, I'm wondering how the different shape affects overall fit. It shows as being SLIGHTLY narrower. But what about the base? I have had both styles in the past, but don't have them anymore. Space is a PREMIUM where this is going and it needs to puzzle well. Ideally next to a HBB. But I can use a LBB if absolutely necessary. More importantly is the ability for me to move the seat next to it (and for DS to buckle his booster). I can fit a FR85 in the center spot and we all know how huge it is....but couldn't slide the seat because it caught on the cover tab. If it weren't for that, I could of probably make the seat move up.

I'm not worried about torso height. DD will be 4 in August and has almost 2 full slots to go in the XTSL. She's on the 2nd to the top, but if she slouches down....she has actually gone below the next one down! In the daycare van, she is in an Evenflo Tribute and just got moved to the top slot with oodles of growing room.

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I have both seats and the RA50 is more puzzle friendly, especially with boosters. The overall width of the RA55 is a little less. 55 has shorter harness slots by at least an inch, more like 1.5-1.75 once it's all installed. I love both the seats for different reasons, and use them both regularly.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The RA50 is here and in the car and DD LOVES it! First thing she said as we were driving down the road is "I can see"! And best yet?? Both boys were able to buckle their boosters with no assistance. :) :) :)

Oh and for curious minds, at 34.4lbs and unknown height (she is a shorty, but wears 3 and 4T tops in Gymbo) she is on the 3rd set of slots. She will be 4 in August, so I expect her to fit until she's 6. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Aw, it's nice to hear people remembering and loving our old beloved Marathons (it's the same seat, my dd was in hers RF to 4 and FF to 6 :))

daniele_ut

Aw, it's nice to hear people remembering and loving our old beloved Marathons (it's the same seat, my dd was in hers RF to 4 and FF to 6 :))

We used our old Marathon until it expired 2 years ago, first for DS1 RF, then for DD RF until it expired 2 years ago. I got an RA50 for a great deal around that same time and DD used it until we moved her to the Nauti and now DS2 is RF in it. We loved our KeyFit but when I installed the RA50 for him he was so happy to be able to see out the window. That seat is SO easy to install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC