What is an acceptable # of months from DOM

redsox_baby

...when buying a seat, be it online, at a brick and mortar store, or whatever?

What is the longest span of time from he DOM to the present that you would consider acceptable before you'd think about returning the seat?

ADS

Cryssy Jane

for me it really depends on what I paid for the seat.

If I paid full retail, I'd want as new as I could get, say within 6 months.

If I paid less than half of retail, then I'd likely expect that to be older.

redsox_baby

I bought the Safe Surround TubroBooster two weeks when Target was doing the 20% Graco sale. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but I was planning to get it in the car tomorrow or this weekend tops. I happened to notice on the outside of the box today that the DOM was June of '12. Aside from the sale discount, I essentially paid full retail.

I am thinking of popping it in the car, going to target, checking if they've got a box with a newer DOM on the floor. If they do, I'll wheel it up the customer desk, go grab the one in the car, and tell them I'm making an exchange (and why).

It's not the end of the world, but yes, given the opportunity I would pass the seat down to my daughter, too. nearly one year out of 6 already gone by before using it even once is a lot.

Brianna

I can't remember when the change was made... are you sure yours doesn't have a 10 year expiration?

**eta- I think all the Safety Surround ones have had a 10 year expiration. I would be ok with losing 1 year out of 10 with a 20% sale.

redsox_baby

Yes, 1 year out of 10 is workable for me. I thought it was 6 only because I thought all boosters were 6. How can I find out for sure?

redsox_baby

I guess I should say how can I know about the 10 year vs 6 year expiration without opening the box and checking the imprint? If I am going to return it, I'd like to try and be respectful and not return a trashed box.

redsox_baby

Thanks

I can live with it in this case, so it looks like I don't have to make an unplanned trip to Target to return it. We all know how expensive those unplanned Target runs can be. LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC