Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Evenflo's Parent Link Rep on rear-facing height limits

As directed per Evenflo's facebook rep, I called evenflo's parent link to ask about using the triumph 65 rear-facing beyond 37 inches. I spoke with Amanda. She told me that as long as my daughter had at least an inch of shell above her head and her legs were comfortable, it is fine to disregard their height limit of 37 inches. I probed deeper. She explained that if children's legs were uncomfortable, they would kick the back of the seat or fight or throw fits, which can distract the driver. Not enough leg room can also cause leg injuries. I asked about that, since I know leg injuries rear-facing are rare. She agreed that leg injuries are rare. Anyone have some way of contacting someone at evenflo that knows what they are talking about?
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Evenflo's Parent Link Rep on rear-facing height limits

Do you have the name of the parent link rep that you spoke with? I don't want you post it but I'm curious if you have a name?

Me & the kids at Dorel

I did post it: Amanda
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Does this apply to all Evenflo seats or just the Triumph?

If its all seats my 5 year old could still use the SureRide rear facing.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

I wouldn't take this as the final word. Evenflo went back and forth on their height limit for the SureRide and eventually settled on 40" hard limit. I'm sure they had a reason.
    Mom to 2 adults and 2 little kids.
    Tall 8 year old in Incognito; Petite 3 year old RF in CA65

7. Thank You from:

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brigala View Post
    I wouldn't take this as the final word. Evenflo went back and forth on their height limit for the SureRide and eventually settled on 40" hard limit. I'm sure they had a reason.
    I'm sure they have a reason, but am less assured that it's a very good one.

But the rep seems not-quite-informed on other issues, so...
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

I contacted Dave, who presented the last Evenflo webnar. He told me that the instructions must be followed completely.
    Christine *mom* to