Evenflo's Parent Link Rep on rear-facing height limits

christineka

As directed per Evenflo's facebook rep, I called evenflo's parent link to ask about using the triumph 65 rear-facing beyond 37 inches. I spoke with Amanda. She told me that as long as my daughter had at least an inch of shell above her head and her legs were comfortable, it is fine to disregard their height limit of 37 inches. I probed deeper. She explained that if children's legs were uncomfortable, they would kick the back of the seat or fight or throw fits, which can distract the driver. Not enough leg room can also cause leg injuries. I asked about that, since I know leg injuries rear-facing are rare. She agreed that leg injuries are rare. :rolleyes: Anyone have some way of contacting someone at evenflo that knows what they are talking about?

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Do you have the name of the parent link rep that you spoke with? I don't want you post it but I'm curious if you have a name?

SavsMom

Does this apply to all Evenflo seats or just the Triumph?

If its all seats my 5 year old could still use the SureRide rear facing.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I wouldn't take this as the final word. :( Evenflo went back and forth on their height limit for the SureRide and eventually settled on 40" hard limit. I'm sure they had a reason.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I wouldn't take this as the final word. :( Evenflo went back and forth on their height limit for the SureRide and eventually settled on 40" hard limit. I'm sure they had a reason.

I'm sure they have a reason, but am less assured that it's a very good one.

But the rep seems not-quite-informed on other issues, so...

christineka

I contacted Dave, who presented the last Evenflo webnar. He told me that the instructions must be followed completely.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC