BubbleBum deflating

Irishmama

I searched and couldn't find any threads about it, so I decided to start one. Our BubbleBum is only about 3 months old and it's deflating on it's own. The first time, I thought the valve had been loosened accidentally, so I re-inflated it and made sure the valve was nice and tight. But yesterday, it was completely deflated by the time we got to my mom's house (45 min drive)! So I brought it in the house, re-inflated again, and sure enough, it's slowly deflating. :(

I called and left a message with BubbleBum, since they had already closed by the time I got a chance to call. But I wondered if anyone else has had this happen? Just wanted all my ducks in a row when I talk to them. TIA!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Never, and I've kept mine inflated most of the time for 2 years now.

I do know it passes testing deflated, and they also have good customer service based on my interactions. If either of those makes you feel better.

Irishmama

I remembered it passed testing deflated, so that makes me feel better. The belt fit was still really good when we got to my mom's and I realized it was deflated. And definitely better than the belt fit with no booster (she keeps asking me if she 5-steps yet :rolleyes: ).

I'm very glad to hear that they have good customer service. I'll update as soon as I talk to them.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
My black BubbleBum booster recently developed the same issue. The purple ones I've had longer and used more often are fine. I talked to BubbleBum and they would be happy to resolve this issue for you. Can you please contact them at:

info @ bubblebum.us
800 969 6586

essnce629

I have a black one and after DS1 used it once for a field trip it stopped holding air. I need to call them too.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
FWIW our two purple BubbleBums haven't had deflation issues, knock on wood, after nearly 2 years of occasional use. (If anything, I wish they deflated a bit easier as they seem to mightily resist our attempts to flatten for storage/packing, lol). We haven't owned/used any with the black covers, just purple.

Irishmama

BubbleBum is sending out a new airbladder right away, I'll update when it gets here. I forgot to ask if I can use it in the meantime. I imagine not. Anyone know?

Is this something that should be reported to NHTSA?

ETA: Mine's purple.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
BubbleBum is sending out a new airbladder right away, I'll update when it gets here. I forgot to ask if I can use it in the meantime. I imagine not. Anyone know?

Is this something that should be reported to NHTSA?

In that it passes federal standards when deflated, I do not think this is a safety issue and probably does not merit reporting. I think the appropriate first response is to contact BubbleBum first for a possible repair or replacement.

It could well be a simple matter of a small batch of inflators or other part that were more prone to failure. Provided it doesn't cause a safety issue, it sounds like they are addressing the problem if it happens. They are sending me a replacement as well.

Thank you, BubbleBum!

Irishmama

In that it passes federal standards when deflated, I do not think this is a safety issue and probably does not merit reporting. I think the appropriate first response is to contact BubbleBum first for a possible repair or replacement.

It could well be a simple matter of a small batch of inflators or other part that were more prone to failure. Provided it doesn't cause a safety issue, it sounds like they are addressing the problem if it happens. They are sending me a replacement as well.

Thank you, BubbleBum!

Thank you for the fast and insightful response! I didn't think it warranted reporting, but I thought I ought to check with the experts. ;)

I am very pleased with BubbleBum's quick and helpful response, and that I didn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get this addressed.

Also, I love the CS reps. lovely accent. :) And yes, thank you BubbleBum!

Irishmama

So I can continue to use it until I get the replacement? I suppose I should contact them to get a direct answer from them. It definitely improves the lap belt fit even with it being deflated, and I really love it in the three-across in the two-door Sunfire.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd ask them. I'd probably want to use something else if I had another option but if you don't you don't... See what they say.

EmmaGrace'sMom

I'm glad to see they're handling it so well. We've had ours since August and it's not deflated at all. Ours is used weekdays for the ride to school, so it's seen a good deal of use.

Irishmama

I'd ask them. I'd probably want to use something else if I had another option but if you don't you don't... See what they say.

I can manage to avoid using it until the replacement gets here. I'll ask them though, and update with what they say.

I got a very nice e-mail today with the instructions for replacing the bladder. Hopefully it gets here soon! I'm very pleased with their response.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I can manage to avoid using it until the replacement gets here. I'll ask them though, and update with what they say.

I got a very nice e-mail today with the instructions for replacing the bladder. Hopefully it gets here soon! I'm very pleased with their response.

If you need something sooner, I would be happy to loan you a BubbleBum or other booster until it arrives. Could possibly meet today or tomorrow in the area of Fox Valley mall.

Irishmama

Thank you, that's very kind of you! I think we'll be fine until the replacement gets here, we just won't take the Sunfire. I'll let you know if I get desperate though! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC