Those darn Graco buckles

purplemama

I can't do them anymore. It was fine at first, but I hurt my hand/thumb pad somehow (need to get that looked at.......) and now I can't get the MR or GN buckled. I liked the difficult buckle for DD1 because she tries really hard to get herself unbuckled but I can't do it anymore.

ADS

mommyfrog

So....would this be a good option for a two year old who can unbuckle almost anything? He can't get out of his Complete Air (from 2011 or 2012), but all Britax, Radian, and old Graco style are just too easy for him. He unbuckles the the chest clip and the crotch buckle in 10 seconds flat. I just hope grandma can get them open if he can't. She still has good hand strength.

gigi

I can't imagine a kid opening the new Graco buckles. They are horrible. I was happy to switch my nautilus to a booster!

I will never never never buy another seat with them. I am replacing my Nautilus with a F90 in 2 years when my little one goes FF solely because of the damn buckle.

I can't imagine a kid opening the new Graco buckles. They are horrible. I was happy to switch my nautilus to a booster!

I will never never never buy another seat with them. I am replacing my Nautilus with a F90 in 2 years when my little one goes FF solely because of the damn buckle.

I agree, I highly doubt a small child would be able to undo those buckles.

I deal with the one on my maestro, but I am far from a fan..

purplemama

Are you pushing them in straight or at an angle? They have to go in at an angle.

Well I TRY to get them in at an angle. ;)
I can do the Nautilus better because DS2 will actually sit still and let me buckle him and he's FF. But with DD1 RF and she's um "difficult" it's hard enough just to get her in her seat.

I put her in the Recaro Euro yesterday and that's WAYYYYYY better. So until my head heals that's what she'll ride in. I was going to get the MA65 out of DH's car for DS2 but I forgot.

cookie123

Ha ha. Matthew has no trouble with the replacement GN or the Secure Kid 400. But the old GN, he can't undo!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC