Safest way for dog to travel for vacation?

oscarbosie

We will be driving to the beach this summer. We have three kids and a friend will be coming along, so that's 6 people in a 2006 Kia Sedona. The only free seat will be that little middle seat with the weird belt in the back row. Our dog is a 70 lb shepherd mix so he would be very cramped and unhappy in that seat for a 10 hour drive. I don't think any of the adults could fit comfortably back there either. We have a Frontier and a TurboBooster and that takes up most of the row. The trunk would not have room for a crate and I don't see anything I could even possibly tether his harness to back there. What is the best option for getting everyone there safely? Leaving the dog home is an option but I would love to bring him. He was very sad and anxious by the end of our three day trip out of town over spring break even though he loves the person who takes care of him when we go out of town.

ADS

agave

I have the same van and there is no way Your dog will fit in that tiny seat, it's pretty useless. I like to attach my dog to the bars on the floor that the seats attach too. But, that only works if you can lay the vehicle seat flat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC