Just want to introduce myself

Jackie010307

My name is Jackie, and I have visited as a guest but finally decided to register. I have just accepted a job working in the car seat/stroller dept (not sure if it's ok to mention store names so for now I won't) and am very excited about it. I have three children ages 12, 10, and 5 and a half. I really began taking an interest in car seats when our oldest was about 3. Since then I visit the car seat section whenever we go to the store just to play with the seats! Our 12 year old is tall, 5'5, and sits in the seat belt. Our 10 year old just began sitting in the seat belt since the shoulder belt was sliding off of his shoulder at the highest setting. He is about 5'. Our youngest recently began riding in a Britax Parkway SGL. I wasn't too happy about moving her to a booster, but our school is private and field trips are all parent driven and I was more comfortable teaching her to buckle and sit still than I was having another parent install her seat. I am very excited to have a place where other people understand this car seat fascination I have! Now I just have to get excited about strollers since I am to be working with both!

ADS

Jackie010307

Thank you! I haven't kept up with new seats in the past 2 years or so, are there any that you would recommend I take a look at? I want to have a good idea of what to recommend based on individual situations when I start.

BananaBoat

Welcome! :happy-wavehello:

I'm pretty sure you can mention where you work. We have at least 1 member I can think of here who works at Babies R Us. It's great to have informed sales people :thumbsup:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:2thumbsup: Glad to have you here :). Just spend a little time reading around here and you'll pick up all you need to know about what seats and strollers are liked, and why. Most of them aren't even sold at a certain purple store where *I* work, unfortunately, but it's nice to know what to recommend to eager-web-savvy parents (they are happy when you can prove you know what you're talking about by name-dropping a fancy seat or stroller, lol).
When you get a chance in the store, just play with everything, read manuals etc, and come home and watch youtube video reviews (or carseatblog.com--the best site ever, they get ALL the neat new seats) or ask here, then you'll be a pro!
My kids are 15, 13, and 7, isn't it interesting to have that range of ages? :)

Jackie010307

I spent about an hour last night just looking at the section with seat measurements and pros and cons! It's amazing how much advancement has happened in such a short time! I currently work at the sister store to the purple store (our store is a combo but I'm only on the older kids side), but I'm leaving to go work at triple b. Locally it seems to be a more personal experience and a chance to actually work with the parents to get exactly what they need. Thanks for the other website to check out. Off to go see what else I can learn today! Yes, the range of ages is interesting, especially knowing what has changed since then. My oldest was in a marathon and that was considered the top of the line, best possible, can't be beat by anything seat at the time. Now it's just a marathon and there are a lot of other options for tall kiddos!

Jackie010307

I loved our marathon, and ended up passing it down to our middle one and using it until it expired. I had no clue about rear facing past one year, and listened when our pediatrician told us to turn our oldest one at 9 months because he was big enough. I cringe when I think about that, and I'm so thankful nothing happened. Our middle made it to 2. Everyone thought I was nuts because I didn't turn our youngest at 2, and when she was still rear facing at 3 I think the term some of our family used was off my rocker! We made it to 3.5 before she ended up turning. I'm hoping to be able to convince people who aren't familiar with the recommendations to at least get to 2. I've spent the last few days on here reading everything I can about all the new seats, and using a small pocket sized notebook to take lots and lots of notes! I intend to be prepared. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions about different seats and I'm glad there are people here who can answer them! Oh, love those pics of her rear facing! I don't know if I have any of my kiddos in the car. I will have to look. Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC