Car seat nightmares

hedgefun

I think this is one of those "you know you're a car seat geek when..." things.

I had a dream last night that I had one of my nieces in a high back turbo, but no matter how many clicks I moved the headrest up, the shoulder belt was still off of her shoulder. It was to the point where the head wings were about a full head above her head, but the shoulder belt position never moved.

Am I the only weirdo who has car seat dreams???

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I think this is one of those "you know you're a car seat geek when..." things.

I had a dream last night that I had one of my nieces in a high back turbo, but no matter how many clicks I moved the headrest up, the shoulder belt was still off of her shoulder. It was to the point where the head wings were about a full head above her head, but the shoulder belt position never moved.

Am I the only weirdo who has car seat dreams???

Next time, tell yourself to put the shoulder belt in the guide. ;)

Yes, I've had nightmares like running late and getting outside to find dh took my car and left his which only has a lbb and a hbb. When I turned around to go back inside, I had no house key and was locked out.

Phineasmama

Haha, I had a car seat dream where we went to the airport because we were taking a trip somewhere, and I realized I had forgotten the car seats! And somehow we parked like really far away and I had to get back to this weird parking garage in the middle of nowhere and was running out of time to get back and catch our flight!

hedgefun

Next time, tell yourself to put the shoulder belt in the guide. ;)

Yes, I've had nightmares like running late and getting outside to find dh took my car and left his which only has a lbb and a hbb. When I turned around to go back inside, I had no house key and was locked out.

LOL, funny thing is.. I remember saying to myself in my dream "it's in the guide, what the heck is going on???"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had a car seat nightmare.

Irishmama

Nope, you're not alone! And DH is getting really good at pretending he doesn't think I'm nuts when I tell him about one. ;)

Shaunam

Yeah I have them. One in particular stands out because I was trying to install a car seat for...some kid...not even sure it was MY kid. And we were being chased by zombies. Like, seriously. If you are being chased by zombies, that's one of the times it's ok to just put the kid on your lap. :rolleyes:

Mercuria

I dream every once in a while that I realize I'm driving with the baby on my lap :eek:

My husband had one where I was driving, and the baby crawled onto his lap.

erind

This morning my DS said he was dreaming we were driving around with his legs dangling out of the car. He said he kept telling me he needed to get in his seat or he would get hurt but i was ignoring him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC