News Britax Pinnacle 90 Pre-Order $314.49, Frontier 90 Preorder $280.49!

jpegtle

Amazon charged me $369 for the Pinnacle today. Did not honor the pre-order thing where if the price goes down before shipping that you get the lower price. No problem--I will use their free returns and get it at diapers.com for $277. I am pretty frustrated with Amazon....

ADS

wnkw

Amazon charged me $369 for the Pinnacle today. Did not honor the pre-order thing where if the price goes down before shipping that you get the lower price. No problem--I will use their free returns and get it at diapers.com for $277. I am pretty frustrated with Amazon....

Have you called amazon? They've always been 100% helpful when I've contacted them. Not sure if you know it, but Amazon owns diapers.com.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

jpegtle

I emailed them and I am waiting on a response. But I am not sure it matters--its $37 cheaper at diapers.com and we need 3 of them. I did not know amazon owned diapers.com. Too bad they don't have the same prices ;)

Athena

Have you called amazon? They've always been 100% helpful when I've contacted them. Not sure if you know it, but Amazon owns diapers.com.

I was thinking it might be worth asking too, but if you'll save a lot by buying at diapers.com and want to go that way, maybe you can catch the UPS person as they're dropping them off and sent them right back to avoid too much hassle.

jpegtle

So I ordered two pinnacles from amazon at the $369 they emailed back gave me the $314 price for one of them.... I am going to return them and keep the order from diapers.com. What a pain.

nataliem257

So I ordered two pinnacles from amazon at the $369 they emailed back gave me the $314 price for one of them.... I am going to return them and keep the order from diapers.com. What a pain.

Don't. I was in a similar boat, ordered the frontier for $280 on amazon on Friday, got it yesterday, only to find out diapers.com had it 25% off! :mad: I was ticked. So I called amazon and basically spun it like "save me the trouble of returning a seat and you ending up with a seat you can't resell", asked them to honor the diapers.com price, and they did :dance:. So just call them.

ETA: side note, they refunded my card 43.49, which puts what I actually paid at 237, which is 10 dollars less than diapers.com??? No idea why they did that, but Ill take it.

Last edited:

wnkw

Id call.. theyd be better off refunding you and keeping a customer than paying for return shipping..

Phineasmama

I chatted (online) with a customer service rep from Amazon yesterday and got a $28 refund because the Cactus Flower seat dropped in price, and it was within a week of buying it! It is definitely in their best interest to refund me because I could technically just return the first one I got and buy a new one and they would be out way more than $28.

EmmaGrace'sMom

I chatted (online) with a customer service rep from Amazon yesterday and got a $28 refund because the Cactus Flower seat dropped in price, and it was within a week of buying it! It is definitely in their best interest to refund me because I could technically just return the first one I got and buy a new one and they would be out way more than $28.
I guess I'll have to call, I chatted with someone and she refused because the only price match on TV's...

Phineasmama

It's just funny to me because it's not really a price match, it's a price adjustment! The girl who gave me the refund said they don't usually either but it was a "goodwill refund".

nataliem257

People that are having trouble, be sure to let them know that you know that amazon owns diapers.com and tha everything ships out of the same place. I think that made a difference. Or anyone having trouble give me your email address and ill send my confirmation

Athena

Anyone notice they have the Pinnacle broadway on amazon, but no stock on diapers.com. Did they have some stock on diapers and ran out or did Ijust miss that detail before? Since they are the same company, why would one have it and not the other? Weird. Anyway, I should probably just stick with the Frontier, but I'm finding myself tempted, so it's probably for the best it's not in stock. :eek:

kwwhite709

I just did the online chat with Amazon because the price of the frontier in cactus flower is now cheaper. They are giving me a refund for the difference in price because it has been less than 7 since delivery.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Even though Amazon owns Diapers, it's possible they maintain their own inventories, customer service, returns departments, etc.

eas423

The Pinnacle is currently $277 on Diapers.com... is this the best price/sale we are going to see for the next couple of months? I don't need it immediately, but will need it by August...

nataliem257

The Pinnacle is currently $277 on Diapers.com... is this the best price/sale we are going to see for the next couple of months? I don't need it immediately, but will need it by August...

There's no way to say, but I think so. 25% off with free tax and 2 day shipping is probably as good as its gonna get for a while. Diapers.com might do 30% off at some point, but my guess is it won't be for some time. I would be shocked if it went over 30% off anywhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC