Request for photos and feedback on boosters in sienna

christineka

I need a booster for middle row, captain's chair. It has to have big wings and a top belt guide position of around 21 inches, so probably recaro vivo, probooster, monterey. Anything else? Peg booster maybe?

Can I see some photos and hear some experiences with the seats? Is the probooster tippy in the second row? Can the child buckle the seat?

For comparison- my son rides in a frontier now and can buckle it. I'm most interested in the probooster because it's fuzzy and my son likes fuzzy.

ADS

clmchrissy

I have a sienna and will be cleaning it tomorrow and moving seats around I have these I can try if go want-
Prosport booster mode
Oobr
PWSGL
Cybex Xfix

Not really sure any of these will be helpful.

stephie1012

I have a probooster and a sienna. Booster is in dhs car when he gets out of work tomorrow I will try it there. I also have a turbo with safety surround if you want that. Do you want drivers side or passenger side?

christineka

I have a probooster and a sienna. Booster is in dhs car when he gets out of work tomorrow I will try it there. I also have a turbo with safety surround if you want that. Do you want drivers side or passenger side?

It'll go on passenger's side. Or in the third row passengers or middle. (If I have to- or good to know for later since my 8 year old's seat expires this fall.)

I need seats with 21 inch top belt guide positions and I've already tried the parkway sg and oobr and decided I don't like either. (Actually, the kids don't like the oobr.) So, probooster is what I need :) Maybe the kiddy cruiserfix, if anyone has it. I've tried the kiddy world and decided against it. At this point, I think we're just down to monterey, probooster, vivo, peg seat, and cruiser fix.

emandbri

I found the pro booster only tippy with sleeping kids, if they are awake it should be fine. Even still I stopped using the pro booster, I have plenty of other seats to use. When is the new recarro coming out? I do love the monterey.

christineka

I found the pro booster only tippy with sleeping kids, if they are awake it should be fine. Even still I stopped using the pro booster, I have plenty of other seats to use. When is the new recarro coming out? I do love the monterey.

Only tippy with sleepy kids? If that's the case in the sienna, then it's a no-go for us. We take long drives and my kids fall asleep in the van on a weekly basis. Maybe we need to try the vivo again. The vivo is a great fit for my kids, but several years ago, when we had it, my son couldn't buckle in the second row. I could move him to the 3rd, though my 8 year old has proved that she can't buckle in the second row. Or, put her in the vivo, 3rd row and have my son use the parkway until it expires.

I know recaro is coming out with a latchable booster. Anyone know if it'll be able to be tightly latched? I imagine that a tight latch would solve the tipping problem.

melniemi

I stick a 5-6" piece of pool noodle under the "lip" on each side of the probooster and it doesn't tip at all. It's by far my fav booster - my daughter's too :)

MJHY27

Are you allowed to do that? I think I will email recaro.

I'd be interested to see what they say too. I asked that question here and was told that was a no go but it seems like that would make this the perfect booster seat b/c the fit is amazing and I love how it hugs around my kids with side impact protection! They both love the one we have and fight over who gets to sit in it! I need to get another :)
I know the vehicle is probably different but for what its worth my daughter has slept comfortable in her pro booster on a long trip without tipping, but that's in a Mazda 6 so it could be the car. I also use it in a dodge caravan in the capt. chair and it doesn't tip but the kids haven't fallen asleep in that one yet so can't give a full report there

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC