Too much Foonf?

sunnydayz

I am wavering on purchasing a Snowberry Foonf. I have a peanut! She's 15 months and 19 lbs. under 30 inches. She's currently in a SR 35 with tons of growing room.

I've owned a decade worth of grey/black seats for my boys and am looking forward to a "girly" seat. I think I like the features of the Foonf, but am not sure I need anything this substantial. Maybe a girly Britax convertible would be more appropriate?

Seat will go in a 2006 Sienna captains chair. I already have a XTSL. Price isn't important. Looking for ease of use, rebound control, and a super cute cover.

Any thoughts?

ADS

Kel

My baby # 6 is a peanut. Below 5% for both hieght and weight. I bought het a britax. So many pretty covers!!!

Kel

My baby # 6 is a peanut. Below 5% for both hieght and weight. I bought het a britax. So many pretty covers!!!

Kel

Yes, get what you like. I'm just happy I was able to get a britax without worrying about outgrowing RFing. My boys were 95%+. So when I had my peanut I got to pick by the covers!

I had my heart set on two covers......I have an advocate with the Anna cover. I love it!! And I just got a Caitlin cover to go on our BLVD. It's a beautiful cover. I like that I can freely change covers on the britax seats.

Snowberry is verry pretty though. I just like switching covers ALOT....I'm weird though, LOL.

And just a thought since you mentioned pretty covers, target has the Classic Marathon on sale this week. And britax did have the covers to it for half price. It only rear faces to 35# though. Probably not a problem for you with a little thing.

sunnydayz

Oooh, such enablers!! :)

If I were to disclose that I hate battling car seats with a root canal like passion would that change recommendations? How is the Foonf as far as ease on installation? My XTSL sits in a desolate corner getting an occasional evil eye from me for all the battle scars I've gotten from it.

My boys are quite beastly, so Britax convertibles were never a realistic option before. I'm liking the sound of the ease of a Britax install.

MorgieBear'sMama

I'd think of any reason possible to buy a foonf if I had the money :D it sounds like you would benefit from a classic Marathon though... think of all those pretty girlie covers and you're not going to find anything easier to install. Your peanut should be able to RF until 4 in it.

Kel

Nothing beats pretty covers, lol. And it great that with britax seats you can buy extra covers...

My DH knew a new cover was coming when last night I kept running to the window looking for the UPS man, LOL.

To bad we don't own more than two vehicles, lol.....

MommyShannon

The new True Fit has a pretty cover too. I had grey/black for my younger girls. I bought/traded for girly ones and I love the extra color in the back. Love our Britax seats and True Fit Premier.

alake

Ours should be here Monday. We got it in blue for Logan. He is 26 months and weighs 27 pounds. Dh ordered him it while shopping on Amazon!!

Ozella21

I agree heart shades is a great one, heck my pink living little boy picked it. Hubby is not thrilled but I am not worried.

sunnydayz

Soooo much enabling going on here ladies!! :)

In an unexpected turn of events at dd's recent well visit she has grown 3 inches in 3 months! She is now in the 70% for height. She also lost 4 ounces and still weighs 19 lbs.

Now that I have such a massive and disproportionate child a Foonf is the only way to go right?? ;)

In an equally unexpected, though disappointing, turn of events we had $200 of uninvited siblings at middle ds birthday party. We went to a $20 per child indoor amusement park. We had a small select group of invitees. Parents just lined up siblings in the party line as we were paying for admission. :( What we expected to be a $300 party cost over $500!!! The Foonf may have to wait. :(

Last edited:

Phineasmama

Well, there are other seats that will last you just as long by height, like the Graco MySize/Headwise 70, and the Diono Radians. So if height is a concern and not weight, the Foonf is not your only option. And remember it has a 43" overall height limit for rear facing.

sunnydayz

Well, there are other seats that will last you just as long by height, like the Graco MySize/Headwise 70, and the Diono Radians. So if height is a concern and not weight, the Foonf is not your only option. And remember it has a 43" overall height limit for rear facing.

Ahhh yes, I suppose. ;) I actually don't need (read as in need for child's safety) a new seat. She has a couple inches of head room in her SR 35 (or 1/2 inch if going by 32 inch rule). I also have 2 XTSL's in perfectly lovely, though masculine, condition.

I just neeeeeed a girly convertible. No hurry, though, as I can practice impulse control. :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC