true fit C680 pictures of 5 month old and 5.5 year old.

asch884

I got the True fit C680 yesterday so here are the pictues of it.
My baby is 5 months old 26 inches

the first picture is with the insert.. he was on the second height setting with the insert
the second picture is without the insert and hes on the first setting
third picture shows were the harness is it looks to be right at his shoulder
forth picture is with the head rest on
and the fifth picture is the for the buckle but it kept coming off

Attachments

• carseat 027.jpg
    carseat 027.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 117
  • carseat 003.jpg
    carseat 003.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 117
  • carseat 007.jpg
    carseat 007.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 108
  • carseat 017.jpg
    carseat 017.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 113
  • carseat 013.jpg
    carseat 013.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
ADS

asch884

Re: true fit C680 pictures

here one more that i missed. it shows him with the headrest that it came with. ifyou want any more pics let me know. its not installed in my car yet. what do you think are the shoulder pad ok with placement of the chest clip?

Attachments

• carseat 024.jpg
    carseat 024.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 101

whitneyg

Looks great! Thanks for the pics. He is a super cutie. I definitely want that seat now.

jess71903

Ambassador

I :love: that cover (and its model!!). I think it looks great. The shoulder pads are fine. If you moved the clip any higher, it would be too high IMO.

asch884

cool thats what i thought about the chest clip as wel but wanted to make sure. he by far has more room in this then the infant seat.

i was a little worryed about the harness but i didnt find it to difficult to get a tight install on him when i did it. so hopefully once in the car it wont be to hard to do.

The seat looks huge compared to his infant seat.... now i just need to decide if i want to start using it now or wait until he is sitting up on his own for when we go to a store. the only time his infant seat comes out of the car is when we go to a store. I bought it now cause i got a great deal on it.

MommyShannon

Nice! I really like the new top piece. I like having an Ergo baby carrier for stores since I skipped the infant seat. If it works similar to the old model, I find it easiest to pull the slack out from behind the seat while tightening the harness. The slack transfers between sides at the hips so as I put DD2 in the slack is on one side then I pull at the hip on the other side to move the slack over.

asch884

i dont have a ergo but do have a mei tai. its alot like a ergo. also have a nice baby jogger city mini stroller i could use... i want to play with it and use it. haha

1mommy

On the Lamaze version I have the black part (grey for mine) has a plushy velvety feel- the C680 version looks like its more slick- is that right? I wish stores would carry it in the store so I could go check it out in person.

asch884

Yes it is not plush its a slick fabric but it is soooooo soft. really its hard to believe how soft it is. The infant insert is a different material and i am not crazy about the fabric of that. It reminds me of the outside of a winter jacket or the outside of a pair to those wind pants people use to wear the ones that made noise. haha. I don't need to use it so no big deal. It didnt seem to bother Xander at all i just didn't care for it...

momtotwogirls

I loved the new headrest. I had the same problem with the harness. Watch it closely when my youngest would fall asleep the harness would fall almost completely off. She didnt fit in it width wise until she was around 2. Even so I :love: :love: :love: the TFP.

asch884

my guy is pretty broad in the shoulders (hence why he probably got should dystocia when i delivered him. hehe) so i don't think that the straps will be to wide. but i will watch him to make sure when he falls asleep

geekKT

I like! The color is really nice as well. The fabric and padding sort of reminds me of my Via's padding, only on a True Fit. I also really like the shape of the new headwings. I'd like to see my 3 year old in it to see how tight they are to his head.

My 2 month old is in my TFP full time right now, I just prefer the way it cradles her over her infant seat, and I don't have a shoulder strap problem. It's weird, but it's got to be something to do with the shape of the baby, because I can totally see how it wouldn't fit some well.

Also - that little crotch pad... it's annoying. Falls off of mine too.

asch884

I can try my 5 year old in it. I have no idea if he would fit he currently rides in a frontier 85 but i could see... Ill have to do it tomarrow but i can at least see how the headrest fits his head...

whitneyg

I vaguely remember reading that maybe the harness adjuster is easier to access in the 680...is that true? Did they move it up any compared to the 670?

geekKT

I think I was one of the people that speculated that based on earlier photos. I'm looking at these pictures now and not seeing any huge difference between the placement of it on this seat and on my own TFP. I checked a few photos of my kiddo in the seat but I cut them all off right at that bubble level so I can't easily compare. The level appears to be in the same spot relative to the cover on mine though.

linneabw

I vaguely remember reading that maybe the harness adjuster is easier to access in the 680...is that true? Did they move it up any compared to the 670?

I have the new si version and used to have the non anti rebound one and I think it's in the same spot but easier to get at with the anti rebound bar.

asch884

here is my 5 year old in the seat. he will be 6 in aug. last time i measured his torso it was around 16.5 he has a bit of room although it doesnt look llike it in this pic. I dont have him buckled in as it was adjusted for the baby but if anyone wants one ican do it. it actually fits very well....

i just installed the seat in my car. Got it installed with indepenant installs next to my frontier 85. short belt path for the frontier and seat belt install for the frontier.. it took me a bit to get it in but i did it... if anyone wants pics of seats installed with kids in them i can do it tomarrow. my baby is already in bed asleep so cant do it tonight... if you want anyother pics let me know

Attachments

• carseat 001.jpg
    carseat 001.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC