MySize 70 or Chicco NextFit for birth to booster?

mom2juliarose

I have a cousin who really would like a seat to last her from birth to booster age for the baby she's expecting. She is a babywearer, and never used a carrier with her other 2 kiddos, but she always wound up buying "the wrong seats" (AOEs and old style Roundabouts--her kids are older) and needed to get new ones later on because they outgrew their seats before they were booster ready.

I've seen pics of NBs in both (seem to fit well, from my observation) and know that they are pretty tall and could get a kiddo to booster age/size, so which one would you recommend and why?

ADS

cookie123

Only ONE seat from birth to booster? Well, that's just wrong.:p

I've tried neither, so can't really weigh in. Considering the My Size issues that have been discussed, I'd probably go with the Next Fit.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Easily. I have put the 7yo heavy average kid in it wry room for install. I had a 8.5yo in it in my house, but I don't know how he would have been in the car.

Neither of the big boys complained about the strap covers. My 5yo did, but he hates strap covers.

I also had a newborn in it with room to shrink. He wasn't on the lowest headrest position. He was 3days old and 9#11oz and 22.25" at birth.

mom2juliarose

Only ONE seat from birth to booster? Well, that's just wrong.:p

I've tried neither, so can't really weigh in. Considering the My Size issues that have been discussed, I'd probably go with the Next Fit.

LOL I know.

What are the MySize issues? I think I've missed info on them...

jheimes

The nextfit has better padding, but the graco one would work better for most 3 across or side by side uses.
I haven't had trouble tightening my ff graco seat since I started tightening it before closing the chest clip.

Jeni-GAcpst

What about an Evenflo SureRide just to throw that option out there?

NextFit has the lowest harness height for newbs. SureRide second, MySize tallest but still within newborn range.
They should all make it to at least age 3 RFing. SureRide has a 40" standing height limit, but that's 95th percentile for 36mo.
SureRide has the tallest top harness for FFing. NextFit and MySize are roughly the same.

MySize and it's clones have some issues with the splitter plate of the harness yoke getting stuck under the seat. Everything works fine until one day you can't tighten the harness. But if you loosen the harness out all the way and tighten it again, it should get nice and snug. I've only had 3 harness incidents with mine in the 4 months I've owned it, and 2 of the 3 times it was remedied with one harness loosen-tighten. One harness issue took a good 5 minutes of fiddling with the harness straps and headrest height to try to get the harness to tighten, and it eventually slid in place.
It's a quirky seat, but I have no problem recommending it.

ahgirls

If the kid is all torso the Graco will be a better choice. I've had both seats side by side. The Graco was much taller. I love the Nextfit but I don't see it working for a tall child till booster.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love my Size 4 Me. The harness adjuster is hard to access (in my opinion), especially RFing I'm assuming. The 4yo I nanny is in the S4M FFing and has SOOO much room to grow.

I really like the seat, but I haven't played with the Nextfit so I can't compare.

Jeni-GAcpst

The harness adjuster is hard to access (in my opinion), especially RFing I'm assuming.
The shell curves away from the vehicle seat. I have plush leather in my car and no problem accessing the harness adjuster. Maybe a really reclined vehicle seat back with over stuffed leather would possibly be a challenge, but I do think Graco had the curve of the shell in mind when designing the seat.
I can get a photo if anyone wants.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC