FFing Foonf ?

Kel

Is anyone here using their Foonf FFing with bigger kids in it. Say....4-6 yrs old.
If so...how comfy is it. Leg support? Shoulder width? Etc.......

Pics would be awesome!!!

ADS

tl01

Is anyone here using their Foonf FFing with bigger kids in it. Say....4-6 yrs old.
If so...how comfy is it. Leg support? Shoulder width? Etc.......

Pics would be awesome!!!

I don't have a bigger kid that would fit in it... as my 7 year old has outgrown the harness on the Frontier 85. I do have a three year old who is 37.5" tall and 32 lbs. He is forward facing (yes wrong I know.... but he pukes every few days rear facing....) in the Foonf... I can post pics of him... but don't know how much that will help you.

Kel

That would be great. My little guy is going to be 3 in 3 wks. He's the same size exactly as yours. So I would love to see pics!!

Thanks

tl01

That would be great. My little guy is going to be 3 in 3 wks. He's the same size exactly as yours. So I would love to see pics!!

Thanks

Okay! I'll grab a quick pic in the morning. I just moved him up to the top slot yesterday so I don't have any truly up to date pics of him in it.

tl01

Okay... here are the pics. He doesn't usually throw his leg over the side like that... but he wanted to get out since the door was open. I just moved him to the top slot. It looks like the lower one is okay... but it isn't. Strange optical illusions.

S

SoCalCarSeatMama

Double check your rigid LATCH install tl01, I think you should be able to push the Foonf back into the vehicle seat more so that the black and yellow sticker on the side of the bars aren't visible anymore.

hrice

Double check your rigid LATCH install tl01, I think you should be able to push the Foonf back into the vehicle seat more so that the black and yellow sticker on the side of the bars aren't visible anymore.

Yeah. Pull the lower black adjustment button on the front and push the Foonf toward the vehicle seat back from the bottom.

tl01

Nope. I've communicated with Clek over it. I also had three techs help me with it recently at a seat check. You can't force it any further... it is that far b/c I have forced it as hard as I can with all the power in my legs pushing into it with my body against the seat in front. It has to do with the position of the LATCH in my car. It is very deep which causes the base of the Foonf to not even rest on the seat bottom until you push it really hard as I already did. It specifically says in the manual... if the yellow and black portion is visible... then you must use the top tether... which of course I do.
7A4CB15A-CE10-4D0F-A74A-7D1074414608-1992-000000A6987DCC3C_zps189e4a58.jpg

tl01

Yeah. Pull the lower black adjustment button on the front and push the Foonf toward the vehicle seat back from the bottom.

I did. I'm a tech... and read the manual... like I said above... I've consulted with Clek... and other techs.

scoutingbear

I can verify that that seat is in as far as it can possibly go. I watched the CPSTs and instructors try to get this beast of a seat in. Tara actually got it on father than any of the techs could. I stood back watch watched. Lol

Kel

Thank you for the pictures. Big help. Most pic are of RFing kids. He looks comfy!

finn

Is the crotch buckle really short? How oId is your ds? Is he in the top slots all ready?

tl01

Is the crotch buckle really short? How oId is your ds? Is he in the top slots all ready?

Yes! That's my one complaint! The crotch strap is really short. I keep meaning to call Clek and request they get a bigger one for people that need one. We also aren't using the belly bad to make the stap longer. He's almost 3 and yes he's on the top slots. I just moved him there so I think he will have a while to grow. I might get more space if I recline it less... But I always forget how the recline affects harness slot height. He had a longer torso than average... But I don't think it is crazy long.

Phineasmama

Here's my petite 4yo in his Foonf, he's about 35 lbs and 39 inches tall.
I don't like the short crotch strap, it can get awkward to buckle. I always keep the belly pad on there to keep it from squishing his boy parts.

tl01

Here's my petite 4yo in his Foonf, he's about 35 lbs and 39 inches tall.
I don't like the short crotch strap, it can get awkward to buckle. I always keep the belly pad on there to keep it from squishing his boy parts.

What slot is he on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phineasmama

The second from the top, and he still has a bit of room in that one. And plenty of room for the top slot! Even though he's small, he has short legs and a long torso so I'm very happy with how much room he has.

Phineasmama

No it's not, it's on the top slot, I was thinking of the baby :rolleyes: But he does have plenty of room before he outgrows it.

Kel

Hmmm.....after looking at these seats, I think I'm going to pass on getting one. I want to love it, but IDK.....The seat looks nice and comfy, but not really better FFing than any other seat.

My pria 70 will last longer than the Foonf FFing. I will need a locking clip with it FFing when the time comes though. That's why I was looking into the Foonf. I'm also thinking the Pria has more leg support? I'll just put up with a locking clip I guess.

Thank you both for the pics! Beautiful boys!!

Phineasmama

The Pria is really nice for FFing too, I don't know about it lasting longer than the Foonf, I think they would last about the same amount of time. It's a very comfy seat though, like a big comfortable recliner :)

JCsMomma

I was really tempted to get a Foonf for my DD1 to FF because of the rigid LATCH and that whole system... But it's useless for us because she's already like 36lbs and I drive a Dodge with the retroactive 65lbs child + restraint limit. I did read the thread about the seatbelt + LATCH but unfortunately my LATCH in the third row where I need her is off center so that won't work for us either. If either was an option for us I would have seriously considered it because of the added features that (theoretically) could make FF safer. Too bad the seat is so darn heavy, or that the safecell technology isn't beneficial without using the rigid LATCH.... Which if my thinking is wrong here I'd love to be corrected :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC