News Peg Perego Convertible - Anti-Rebound Bar

CuddlyMonsters

So I was on the phone this AM with Peg Perego Customer Service - during our converstation I brought up the fact that I love everything about my Peg Convertible but the only 1 downfall that I wish it had was an anti-rebound bar... I was then informed that they are actually about to release it as an accessory pretty soon (they mentioned that it is at sea right now, on it's way to the US)...

This was news to me!

BUT... the really cool thing is that I got the Peg Perego HBB 120 for $152.15! :dance:

I am just hoping that it will work out in our vehciles!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Now, see, they said they would release a version with ARB months ago... Then they said they had no plans to do so, but would be testing with RF tether... Now they're saying ARB again.

At this point I'll believe it when they do it. Sigh.

jordansmom

So I was on the phone this AM with Peg Perego Customer Service - during our converstation I brought up the fact that I love everything about my Peg Convertible but the only 1 downfall that I wish it had was an anti-rebound bar... I was then informed that they are actually about to release it as an accessory pretty soon (they mentioned that it is at sea right now, on it's way to the US)...

This was news to me!

BUT... the really cool thing is that I got the Peg Perego HBB 120 for $152.15! :dance:

I am just hoping that it will work out in our vehciles!

There has been talk in the past few months! Is it an anti-rebound bar, like the Canadian version, or will it be a rear-facing tether option?

CuddlyMonsters

Yeah! I am not sure, at this point I think they have something in the works/pipline. However, I am not holding my breath until it actually comes out. My DD is now 19 months, she was just 9 months when we first got the seat (we replaced because of an accident). I was hoping to get an ARB since I planned on ERF her.

IandA'smom

I just got off the phone with Peg Perego and was told that it will be a tether and they do not plan to release the seat in the US with the ARB like Canada. Any chance the rep. could be wrong? I want this seat with the ARB!

CuddlyMonsters

I just got off the phone with Peg Perego and was told that it will be a tether and they do not plan to release the seat in the US with the ARB like Canada. Any chance the rep. could be wrong? I want this seat with the ARB!

If you really like the Peg Convertible - if it were me I would just buy the Canadaian version of it with the ARB.

IandA'smom

I thought about it. I almost asked my in-laws to take a trip across the border (they are 20 min. from Canada). They think I'm crazy about car seats so I haven't asked yet. I was hoping it would come to the US soon. I just really want a seat with with ARB and not a tether. DH pushes the seat back all the way even though I have warned him not to. I have found the fabric on d-rings frayed before.

Phineasmama

Their rep said on facebook like 2-ish months ago that the tether thing would be retroactive and they would send out a part or accessory for people to use...which I'm assuming is a D-ring :rolleyes: I'd love an ARB, but hey a tether is good too!

CuddlyMonsters

I thought about it. I almost asked my in-laws to take a trip across the border (they are 20 min. from Canada). They think I'm crazy about car seats so I haven't asked yet. I was hoping it would come to the US soon. I just really want a seat with with ARB and not a tether. DH pushes the seat back all the way even though I have warned him not to. I have found the fabric on d-rings frayed before.

One of the main reasons why we choose the Peg Covertible is because my DH is 6ft tall, he drives with the seat all the way pushed back. We liked how this seat was easy to install/uninstall. It was also a lot easier to move than the Radian. Being the fact that the Radian had a taller shell it took up more front to back room than the Peg Covertible...

You totally should ask the in-laws to take a trip, lol.

IandA'smom

It looks like I might be asking the in-laws or I could convince my husband to visit his family this summer and pick up a car seat. Airline tickets for the entire family to get a car seat seems reasonable to me.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC