Radian 65?

veggiegirl228

I was looking at elitecarseats.com at this seat looks like a nice seat. It looks to be 1" higher harness and 4" taller shell over the evenflo triumph advance. Any suggestions/comments on that seat? Can you actually see on in person so I can put dd in it and check it out and even make sure it's a fit in my car? I looked at their website and there is a place close to me but I don't know if they actually carry the seat or just the products.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

It is nice in a lot of situations. It's incredibly narrow and has relatively tall harness slots and high harness weight. I would call around to see if anyone carries it in store. You'll want to make sure you can fit it in your car before you order it. The high shell and rf boot can make it a difficult rf fit in some cars. The low profile can make it hard to get a tight ff install in some cars.

Do you have a USA Baby nearby? Some larger BRU have radians in-store. Both of those stores will let you take it to your car to try it out. If not, there's a very long thread in the car seat forum listing the cars and seating positions that it has worked in.

veggiegirl228

I went and checked USA Baby & they only had the Radian 80. She was at the 3rd slot for fitting and it looked to be 2" longer for seat shell height (based on triumph adv) and when i measured the harness i only got 16.5? Right now she is between 11.5 & 12 for torso and is 17" for seated position (make sense?) and it was much much heavier than I imagined. So I didn't get to check if it would fit car as she wasn't happy being there. But if it's 2" taller than adv it might not fit as adv is about as far as can go without causing problems.

veggiegirl228

My concerns were this, it's really heavy, it's taller than DH Triumph Adv which fits perfect and I only got a 16.5" top slot not the 18 that it says it is. It's a great seat don't get me wrong maybe a BRU near us will have one that i can put in car and test, DD wasn't up for trying it out today.

crunchierthanthou

The top slots are 17", but SK allows you to use them 1" past that.

It is tall. It is heavy. It can be difficult to install. It doesn't sound like what you're looking for right now. Like I said before, the Radian65 gets recommended often because it's a decent price for a seat that fits a need of a narrow seat that harnesses beyond the usual 40 lbs and 15" torso.

veggiegirl228

That makes sense where the 18" number comes from. I have a backseat with alot of slope and can be very challenging to get a seat in right. If anybody is familiar we have 95 accord you'll know what i'm talking about on backseat. How tall is the shell (from where butt to top is) I think i got 26"

It looks like my best bet will be advance, know it fits the car, get a good install, and it's more in our budget!

Thanks for all info was great

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC