Please help pick a vehicle!!

Brianna

J's mom is going to be buying a car and asked me to enlist your help!

Budget is a firm $5,500. Would prefer a vehicle that can last a long time with minimal cost of repairs, decent mileage, will be booster friendly (not for now, but she'll likely have this car when he moves to a booster). There's no firm limit on model year or max # of miles- I'm hoping you all will tell me the max # of miles on a car to accept based on what make/model it is.

Please help :)

ADS

Brianna

A nearby zip code is 14225- I know prices are lower because of salt damage here. We would be willing to travel a few hours to pickup the right car.

How long do Hyundais normally last?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
That one I linked happens to be a few hours away so probably a good price reference at least.

I think Hyundai has improved their reputation a lot in the last 5-10 years. The Sonata is generally pretty highly rated from those years at both Consumer Reports and TrueDelta.com for reliability. I happen to think most modern cars are pretty reliable, though. Probably worth checking typical problems, though, especially if there are known issues with major things like engine/transmission.

StillThankful

Please share this site with your friend: http://www.carsurvey.org/. It's a site that owners of the vehicles have the opportunity to post their opinions. It's the good, the bad, and the ugly. Besides praying and reading the Consumer reports rates :))), I always read the posts on that site before making a purchase.

FWIW, the 2006 Hyundai Sonata got pretty good reviews from it's owners: http://www.carsurvey.org/reviews/hyundai/sonata/2006/single-page/

HTH

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC