What would you do in my situation (carseat related)???

What would you do???

• Get a Como to rf to 35 pounds

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Get a Signo to rf to 35 pounds

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Leave him in the BV until 32 pounds and see what age he is at

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Relax and when he hits 33 pounds put him ff (he will at least be over 18 months)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

steph

Okay Ryan is around 29 pounds and 17 months old with no signs of slowing down (trust me, I thought he would have leveled out by now). He is tall too (90th percentile). I am very nervous that he is going to reach the 33 pounds before 2 - 2 1/2 and with the news that it doesn't look like the Britax Advocate is going to go to 35 pounds rf, I don't know what to do.

What do you guys think???

Oh and for many reasons I don't want to put him in a Scenera.

ETA: Money isn't a factor for this.....

ADS

skaterbabs

I understand you concern, but seriously, he WILL slow down! It may take a little longer than you think though. CJ weighed 30 lbs on his first brithday. He hit 40 lbs around his 3rd, IIRC. By the time he was 7, he had dropped to the 30th percentile! Now he's about at the 55th.

mimieliza

I would wait and see on the Advocate - maybe the CS rep was wrong, we'll have more information when the seats hit the shelves.

Anyway, you don't need to do anything now since he still has some time - I would wait. I would rather have a seat with RFing tether for a child near the top of the RF weight limit.

arly1983

Wait...

Jackson was like Skaterbab's son...At his first birthday he weighted 28 lbs 2 oz and now his is 30 months old and is holding steady at 34 lbs.

You have time; don't jump out there and buy something you will regret. If you do, at least get from somewhere that has a good return policy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC