Called britax - I'm so bummed!!!

steph

Okay I talked to a customer sales rep at Britax and she said that the Advocate goes 5-33rf and 20-65 ff :crying:. She did confirm the Diplomat goes to 35 rf though.

I believe her but she did say that they haven't seen the seat, is it possible that they may change the limit in the next few months???? I was so excited to get this seat but now I can't justify it because I already have 2 BV's and although the ff recline would be awesome, I'm not sure if it is $300 worth awesome:rolleyes:.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Well, if they haven't seen the seat, then I wouldn't take her word for it. You could always call back, get a different rep and ask and see what they say - if you feel like holding forever again. ;)

natysr

The rep told me on the phone that both the new seats RF to 35 pounds. Wish they could get their stories straight.

steph

Yeah, I'm gonna try to call again tomorrow. Since she hadn't seen the seat and didn't even know what kind of adjuster it had, I wasn't completely sold that she knew for sure but the fact that she did confirm the Diplomat was going to 35 pounds threw me off;)!

It really doesn't make sense that they would only have 1 seat that rf to 35 pounds.

nylle

I was just going through all the brochures we picked up at the ABC show last week, and the 2008 Britax product catalogue states that both the Advocate and the Diplomat rear face to 35 pounds.

Hth!
Ellyn
A Running Stroller

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC