What's the response time when emailing Russ?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I emailed Russ last week and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm sure he's busy and I don't want to bug him, but I'm concerned about the safety of our Radian and I would really appreciate an email back from him. How quickly do you normally get a response back?

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Russ has been at a trade show that ends today, so I'm sure that's why he hasn't emailed you.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Anna

Check your seat carefully. You are having the same tightening problem as I am. I was looking at my seat and found that the bottom is cracking.

Remember I said it was almost like my DD was sinking into the seat and the shell was bending. Well I got to looking at it to try to take pictures to send to SK. (because the rep I talked to on Fri, had the nerve to tell me that there wasn't really anything wrong with my seat, that I probably just didn't like it and was to cheap too pay for the gas to take it back to the store)

At one point I folded it and discovered that if you look at the slot where the harness adjuster goes through the bottom of the seat, the slot has all kinds of stress marks where you can tell the seat bottom is bending and is starting to crack in two spots.

I pulled the cover back and the butt EPS foam is all compressed and uneven on one side where the seat is caving in.

I have stopped using mine, but I don't want to take it back to the store, 1. because it is 200 miles away, and 2. I don't want to chance that the store won't follow through with getting SK to examine it. I would hate it if this seat got put out on a clearance rack by mistake.

Kimberly

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Anna

Check your seat carefully. You are having the same tightening problem as I am. I was looking at my seat and found that the bottom is cracking.

Remember I said it was almost like my DD was sinking into the seat and the shell was bending. Well I got to looking at it to try to take pictures to send to SK. (because the rep I talked to on Fri, had the nerve to tell me that there wasn't really anything wrong with my seat, that I probably just didn't like it and was to cheap too pay for the gas to take it back to the store)

At one point I folded it and discovered that if you look at the slot where the harness adjuster goes through the bottom of the seat, the slot has all kinds of stress marks where you can tell the seat bottom is bending and is starting to crack in two spots.

I pulled the cover back and the butt EPS foam is all compressed and uneven on one side where the seat is caving in.

I have stopped using mine, but I don't want to take it back to the store, 1. because it is 200 miles away, and 2. I don't want to chance that the store won't follow through with getting SK to examine it. I would hate it if this seat got put out on a clearance rack by mistake.

Kimberly

:eek::mad:

I will go check ours!! That is so scary that a brand new seat can be doing this!

You're having the loosening problem, right?

Simplysomething

I emailed Russ last week and haven't heard anything back yet. I'm sure he's busy and I don't want to bug him, but I'm concerned about the safety of our Radian and I would really appreciate an email back from him. How quickly do you normally get a response back?

If I were concerned about the safety of my seat I would call. :)

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
If I were concerned about the safety of my seat I would call. :)

I called customer service, and she transfered me to Russ, who has a recording stating he's out of the office until tomorrow (Tuesday). So I've left a message and an email so hopefully I'll hear back tomorrow :thumbsup:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Seems like more than a coincidence to me--same DOM, same cover, same 2 problems! When I called SK I explained the problem and the CSR said "you have to pull down in a ratchting motion to tighten the harness." Well, duh, I got that...but that is absolutely impossible to do when the seat is RF!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC