Question Need booster for 07 Camry

piacere68

I wrote previously about my 07 Camry and troubles with the belt path on my Evenflo seat. I thought it was an Amp but it's an Big Kid LX.

http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=110&pfid=6627

The beltpath opening is on the outside facing the door instead of in toward the seat, so the belt slips out all the time. We tried adjusting the back, taking out the headrest...nothing worked and the belt is constantly slipping out. So, I am looking for suggestions for a new seat. She's 6, 56 lbs, 46" tall, 18.5 butt to shoulder. We're on a tight budget but any suggestions are welcome. :)

ADS

henrietta

I wrote previously about my 07 Camry and troubles with the belt path on my Evenflo seat. I thought it was an Amp but it's an Big Kid LX.

http://www.evenflo.com/product.aspx?id=110&pfid=6627

The beltpath opening is on the outside facing the door instead of in toward the seat, so the belt slips out all the time. We tried adjusting the back, taking out the headrest...nothing worked and the belt is constantly slipping out. So, I am looking for suggestions for a new seat. She's 6, 56 lbs, 46" tall, 18.5 butt to shoulder. We're on a tight budget but any suggestions are welcome. :)

Why not try the regular good old Graco Turbo booster, either the one without the surround ($35-50) or the one with it ($60-70)? Or the Harmony Folding Travel booster (only at some Walmarts/$50)? Both of my kids really like the Harmony and the shoulder belt can't slip out of it.

GL!

piacere68

Thank you! Those are the 2 I was looking at. I just don't want to spend the money on a seat again and have it not fit properly. I saw the harmony one on WalMart's website but it's not available online.

henrietta

Thank you! Those are the 2 I was looking at. I just don't want to spend the money on a seat again and have it not fit properly. I saw the harmony one on WalMart's website but it's not available online.

I'm not good at posting pics....in fact, I stink at it! But I do have the Harmony folding one and I love it! My kids love it, too! I think it's a great booster seat, easy to use, fits a lot of kids well. It's my 4.5 yr olds secondary seat...it's the seat I send w/his grandparents and friends, b/c it's easy to use. The only thing that has any real learning curve to it is that you have to get the shoulder belt all the way into the guide. It's NOT coming out on it's own, once it's in there. ;)
The guide is shaped a bit like the inside of a seashell and the initial section to slip it into is narrow. Graco's shoulder belt guides are very similar. I've seen the shoulder belt come out of the Evenflo's a lot, but not the Graco's or our Harmony.

I don't think you can go wrong w/either of these boosters, Graco or Harmony. Also, the new Graco Affix is available on Amazon for $63--it latches in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC